Infrastructure Technician l
Black Box Albuquerque, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
· The Infrastructure Technician II leads skilled infrastructure/structured cabling work in the installation, service and maintenance, repair and alteration of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling and other various low voltage cabling systems.
· Provide team leadership and supervision
· Complete physical installations and removal of structured cabling components, cabinets, pathway systems (cable tray), move equipment, racks, and related communications infrastructure materials.
· Supervise and perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
· Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems and perform repairs as necessary.
· Prepare BOMs for materials and labor.
· Infrastructure survey and design.
· Execute project milestones and test plans.
· Complete project closeout deliverable packages, Test Results, As-Built, Pictures, and Quality Audits.
· Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· 4+ years of combined experience in a Site Support Technician and/or Infrastructure Technician role (or similar experience)
Other Qualifications, Skills & Certifications:
· CNET CNCI,
· BICSI Installer (INST1),
· BICSI Installer 2 copper/fiber (INSTC/INSTF)
· BICSI Technician (TECH)
· Manufacturer certifications
· Valid driver’s license
· Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable and fiber optic cable..
· Installation of cable pathways, conveyances (e.g. ladder, trays, support systems)
· Through-wall penetration systems
· Advanced knowledge of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
· Advanced knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code.
· Advanced knowledge of publications pertaining to standard cabling for telecom, data, security & wireless systems practices, engineering & Federal, State & local safety standards.
· Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
· Ability to carry up to 30 lbs. and lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to climb ladders and work from heights
ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions is partnering with Black Box and People 2.0. The projects will be on behalf of Black Box and their clients, but you will be payrolled through People 2.0
Black BoxWhy Work Here?
As technology trends shift, Black Box is leading the way with advancements that improve productivity, eliminate redundancy, and drive ROI.
Black Box is a leading technology solutions provider dedicated to helping customers build, manage, optimize, and secure their IT infrastructure. Black Box delivers high-value products and services through its global presence and 3,500 Team Members. ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions is partnering with Black Box and People 2.0. The projects will be on behalf of Black Box and their clients, but you will be payrolled through People 2.0
TechnologyView all jobs at Black Box