Black & McDonald's Kansas City team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Manager is located in St. Louis, and typically reports directly to the Department Manager. The Project Manager - St. Louis Operations has four functional areas of responsibility including: planning, business development, operations, and employee development.
Each year, CLS d.b.a. Black & McDonald prepares a strategic plan, which provides a roadmap for the consistent and controlled growth of the Company. The Project Manager will be required to participate in the development of the strategic plan in order to gain "buy-in" with respect to the future direction of the company. The Project Manager shall be responsible for estimating work, pursuing new business opportunities and tracking the financial performance of the work in order to achieve the goals and objectives outlined in the strategic plan.
The Project Manager shall collaborate with the Division Manager to cause the timely preparation and execution of a sales and marketing plan, which details the tactical actions necessary to grow the Utility Services of the Company in St. Louis and surrounding areas. The components of the plan shall include annual operating budgets, capital requirements, and business development activities. The Project Manager shall assist the Division Manager with growing the sales and profitability of the Company's OH/UG distribution and substation services. This role will require preparation of bids to be reviewed with the Division Manager.
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to assist the Division Manager with overseeing the utility services operations of the Company through securing and successfully executing projects in accordance with the policies and procedures adopted by the Company. The Project Manager shall be stationed in the St. Louis area with periodic visits to the Company's regional office in Kansas City.
The Project Manager shall report to the Division Manager of the Utility Services Group. The Project Manager shall execute his duties in a highly ethical and professional manner. The Project Manager shall be held accountable for upholding the reputation and integrity of the Company.
The Project Manager shall work with the Division Manager to develop our existing team of professionals. Due to the youth of the Company in the St. Louis market combined with limited local support to start, the Project Manager shall serve as a leader for the team in this particular market.
Key Result Areas
The following key result areas will be more fully defined in a formal performance plan:
- Zero lost time accidents
- TRIR < 1
- Crew Safety Audits of 4 per month
- 2020 sales of $4 million in the St Louis market
- Completed gross margin @ 16.0%
- NPBT @ 5.5%
- Employee satisfaction index > 85%
- Employee promoter score > 85%
- Customer Survey satisfaction index > 89%
- Customer Survey Safety Score > 89%
- Weekly review of key result areas, with particular attention to contracts in progress and status of major projects (cost, schedule, margin enhancement/deterioration)
- Weekly review of estimate summary report (jobs bid & secured)
- Weekly review of manpower levels and anticipated changes
- Bid review with level of detailed dictated by project value
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Strong leadership, communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Computer Literacy; Microsoft Office programs and Black & McDonald JD Edwards
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization and with outside clients.
- 5+ years of Project Management experience. Experience in electrical/utilities is a nice to have