- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off
The Bizzell Group, one of the fastest-growing businesses in America, is seeking a Security Officer to plan, develop and implement, oversee and integrate safety and security programs for the Center. Must be available to work any shift and day of the week due to a 24/7 operation.Requirements:
•Ensures and enforces all laws, rules, and policies within his/her scope of authority
• Foot patrols all assigned areas and remains alert for disturbances, fires, safety hazards, traffic violators, suspicious acts and/or persons, and other unusual conditions
• Aids and assists visitors, student employees, and staff in every way possible
• Performs building security and safety checks
• Receives complaints and performs appropriate investigations.
• Provides transportation service as needed
• Investigates vehicle accidents at the Center
• Issues visitor passes and temporary parking permits
• Performs main entrance duty
• Assists staff in quelling disturbances
• Prepares written accident reports and other reports as required
• Coordinates recruiting, selecting, and training of security cadets
• Participates in preparation and enforcement of the Center’s safety and fire prevention program
• Conducts daily briefing with security cadets that cover assignments, proper dress, and procedures
• Provides written and oral reports, briefings, or summaries to appropriate staff
• Ensures all equipment is properly maintained
• Provides vehicle checks to entering and exiting traffic
• Adheres to required property control policies and procedures
• Works towards meeting performance standard goals
• Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), Bizzell's policies and procedures, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures
• Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices
• Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily
• Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement
• Demonstrates and abides by The Bizzell Group's core values and operating principles
• Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards
• Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary actions up to and including termination
• Assists in maintaining student security and accountability during training, day and evening, by continuously walking through those areas where students are being trained, having lunch, participating in dorm activities, recreational activities, and monitors grounds over the entire Center
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms the correct interpretation of information
• Very high standard of communication skills both written and verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas
• Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively listens to others
Organization of Work
• Action-oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously with decision-making, flexibility, and problem-solving
• Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation, and priority assignment in addition to personal organization
• Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency
• Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided via the development of professional skills and personal growth
• Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting with others. Abides by The Bizzell Group's Corporation’s Healthy Workplace Environment policy
• Acts as a team player and builds professional relationships with coworkers to achieve goals
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
• Computer Literacy with basic computer functions, email, internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat
• Knowledge in operating security and surveillance equipment
• Knowledge of basic security procedures
• High level of good judgment and observation skills
Two years of security, law enforcement, military, or related experience. Safety-related training preferred. At least one year in a residential living setting and background in youth programs preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid State Driver’s License
The Bizzell Group, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Professional Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
The Bizzell Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work culture that values all.
Bizzell GroupLong Beach, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.