Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Sr. Software Engineer II)
BizTek People, Inc. Beaverton, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Senior Software Engineer II) working in The Organizations Global Technology Cloud Acceleration department, you will bring a passion for delivering a platform that enables the organization to ship at scale the services and applications powering its premium consumer experiences. We build and support a variety of tools that solve common cloud computing and continuous delivery problems.
· Develops action plans and processes, in coordination with management team, for integrating activities and optimizing department resources to meet major goals and objectives.
· Facilitates or performs application support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources.
· Contributes and reviews recommendations for technical solutions.
· Manages and/or contributes to the technical components of the RFP process.
· Resolves issues and determines options for issue resolution and risk mitigation.
· Defines and communicates requirements for technical environments and determines the technical scope for projects.
· Provides technical estimates for project budget input to Senior/Project Manager.
· Leads and owns engagements with software vendors to ensure that code and configuration requirements and deliverables are met.
· Enforces architecture, governance, security, and global process standards to system changes and deployments.
· Coordinates compliance issue identification and remediation.
· Collaborates with other teams on integration needs/design.
· Contributes to database design and creates critical-path, high-risk, advanced technical designs.
· Approves proof of concept efforts and reviews results.
· Enforce department architectural direction and ensure consistent technical approach within department.
· Decide on engineering tools based on recommendations.
· Allocate resources based on performance monitoring and tuning results.
· Manage and enforce performance thresholds and standards.
· Review and approve performance test results, recommendations, and tuning results.
· Oversee and is responsible for the creation of test plans, test execution, and validation of test results.
· Top Skills: Python coding, Unix/Linux, and communication
Engineer responsibilities include the following:
· Build and maintain shared Ubuntu Linux and Docker images for use across the enterprise.
· Build and maintain shared cloud infrastructure tooling.
· Maintain custom tools for creating application machine images.
· Write reusable, tested, and efficient software code and scripts.
· Write automated tests to validate changes, and manually test those changes.
· Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems and code defects.
· Use a variety of tools to manage source code, builds, and deployments.
· Provide technical support for tools and systems owned by the team.
· Be an active participant in team meetings and processes, like design and code reviews. Candidates should have the following experience and skills:
· Bachelors degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
· Professional experience working as a software engineer, system administrator, network administrator, or other related position.
· Extensive experience with Linux operating system, scripting, and tools.
· Experience writing Python computer programming language.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with business partners and other engineers.
· History of continual learning about technical subjects.
· Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef.
· Experience with tools like Git, Jenkins and Artifactory.
· Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines. Knowledge of or experience with some of the following:
· Information security best practices.
· Public cloud infrastructure like AWS or Microsoft Azure.
· Infrastructure as code using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
· Container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, or EKS.
· Monitoring tools like New Relic or SignalFx.
· Log aggregation tools like Splunk.
BizTek People, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at BizTek People, Inc.