Senior Active Directory Engineer - Remote
BizTech Fusion Fairfax, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BizTech Fusion is a global IT and business consulting firm, providing tailored solutions that align technology with strategic business goals. We apply a "Total Care" approach to our Professional Services engagements. Our goal is to build a strong partnership with clients to enable delivering world-class, comprehensive solutions. We achieve this by utilizing our proven Assured Consulting Excellence (ACE) project methodology throughout every engagement. This allows our clients to achieve desired, measurable results while maximizing their investment value. Our extraordinary value lies in the ability to seamlessly integrate these business requirements with advanced communications technologies and superior technical delivery capabilities. We define our success by our clients’ level of satisfaction, which is why we only engage with top quality talent capable of meeting advanced expectations. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Title: Senior Active Directory Engineer
- Duration: 12 months
- Estimated Hours Per Week: 40 Hours
- Start Date: Immediate
- Work Location: Remote (1 day per week onsite downtown Washington DC)
- Working Hours: 8am – 4pm ET
The successful candidate shall provide all expertise, documentation abilities, and consultative skills necessary to, in collaboration with client personnel, assist with the upgrade of their Microsoft Active Directory (AD) environment from Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2019. Our primary objective is to leverage modern technologies to streamline operations and reduce costs by:
- Assessing and evaluating the current Active Directory infrastructure,
- Designing and developing a new infrastructure, and
- Migrating the existing Active Directory from Windows Server 2012 to the new Windows 2019 platform
The major objectives of this engagement are:
- Planning and design of a Microsoft Windows 2019 AD architecture, including topology and structure designs for all AD forests;
- Development and deployment of Group Policies Objects (GPOs) and Organization Unit (OU) structures;
- Testing and remediation of applications, through coordination with Application Developers;
- Decommissioning of outdated Windows Domain Controllers and cleanup of the original AD;
- Completion of assessment of the current AD Structure and remediation activities as needed;
The AD upgrade is expected to be executed in four phases; Develop architecture design, Deploy upgrade in the lab environment and test, Deploy upgrade in the Development environment and test, then deploy to Production environment, and Hand off project to operations
- Must possess at least eight (8)+ years of direct experience with Active Directory, including expertise in all phases of AD design and engineering within a multi-tenant environment and knowledge of software engineering languages / tools and platform management technologies
- Must have experience with Quest QMM tool and have led multiple Active Directory migrations
- Must have expertise with Windows Server 2012 / 2012R2 and Windows Server 2019, and enterprise-level experience (more than 15,000 users) with design, implementation, and operation of AD
- Proven experience in project management and with coordinating work efforts across the entire Information Technology ecosystem
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with business and other internal IS Groups at a peer level
- Ability to provide technical leadership and coaching for the enterprise related to system design strategies
- Possess the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of nationwide team of engineers; previous Systems Administration experience preferred.
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Project, and Visio
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain and retain a Customer Position of Public Trust after hire.
- Must be confident and actively participate in proposing and implementing solutions
- Must be comfortable making formal presentations to senior IT management and executive level clients
- Must have strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and a patient, calm, and supportive demeanor
- Must be highly self-motivated & self-directed, with keen attention to detail and resourcefulness
- Must be able to partner with vendors, external contacts, and industry standards organizations to deliver technical solutions
- Must possess excellent collaboration, communication, and negotiation skills to effectively serve as a leader and evangelist across the enterprise
- Must have solid organizational awareness and be able to complete tasks without being micro managed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT related field, and/or equivalent formal training or work experience
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
To lead the advancement of converging data, voice, video, and mobile solutions into modern transformed business environments, so that our clients may rely on data quality, knowledge accessibility, improved productivity, collaboration, and decision support to enhance their business operations.
BizTech Fusion utilizes a Value Management framework to ensure IT initiatives realize expected value by assessing IT projects along three dimensions:
Our Mission is to be a leading global provider of Information Technology solutions and professional services delivery for all business sizes and market sectors. To lead the advancement of converging data, voice, video, and mobile solutions into modern transformed business environments, so that our clients may rely on data quality, knowledge accessibility, improved productivity, collaboration, and decision support to enhance their business operations. BizTech Fusion utilizes a Value Management framework to ensure IT initiatives realize expected value by assessing IT projects along three dimensions:
TechnologyView all jobs at BizTech Fusion