Shop Foreman /Lead Mechanic (2nd Shift)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Shop Forman/Lead Mechanic is responsible for overseeing the schedule and mechanics during the second shift (evening hours). This role will play a huge role in ensuring equipment is up and running for operations to continue on the next day.
All work completed is specific to asphalt paving equipment and vehicles.
- Ensure your email listed is correct. We communicate application status via email.
- For follow-up questions, please email email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Distribute work to all 2nd shift mechanics.
- Work hand-in-hand with Day Shop Foreman for scheduling
- Take phone calls during the evening shift.
- Manage mechanics.
- Ensure all equipment is up and running next day, no matter what it takes.
- Be a team player with all field supts, foremen and vendors.
- Keep up with all repairs and ensure they are fully completed.
- Make certain that all safety issues related to equipment / vehicles are addressed immediately.
Preferred Education/ Experience:
- Vocational school – diesel mechanic hydraulics (preferred - not required)
- 5 plus years' mechanic experience
- Field mechanic experience
- Computer skills
- Management experience or training
- Ability to make a budget and follow it.
- Safety Training.
- Reliable and strong problem-solving skills
- Live up to our company Core Values:
- Safety - Safety in the workplace is a mutual responsibility of the employer, management and all employees.We have an expectation that all employees play an active role in workplace safety and promote a positive safety culture at all times.
- Respect - Respect at work is crucial as it promotes healthy relationships between coworkers and managers, as well as outside the organization. A respectful employee is a sign of a respectful organization, and therefore creates a positive image of our company and our workplace.
- Integrity - Real integrity is doing the right thing, whether someone realizes it or not. Displaying Integrity helps build trust and drives a certain level of expectation. Integrity is choosing your thoughts and actions based on values rather than personal gain.
- Commitment - Commitment is the bond employee’s share with their organization and its employees. Committed employees bring exceptional value to the organization through their support, productivity, determination, reliability and quality. Commitment shows and can be contagious.
- Quality - Quality is the best business plan. It is an investment in our future. Quality leads to consistency. Consistency leads to happy employees, satisfied customers and a growing business.
All candidates are required to pass a thorough Background Check, Physical and Drug Test. References will also be checked.
Job type: Full-Time
Work Location: Mendota Heights, MN / Columbus, MN
Since 1946, Bituminous Roadways has aspired to be the company of choice for the design, construction, and maintenance of all asphalt pavement areas, including parking lots, roads, pathways, playgrounds, tennis courts, and running tracks. We are a union contractor with a diverse workforce dedicated to quality, safety, innovation, and customer satisfaction.
At Bituminous Roadways, we're energetic and passionate about what we do with an excellent reputation for performance and as a place to work. Because of our continued expansion, we seek qualified candidates who share our vision, values and commitment to superior customer service.
Benefits of Joining our team!
- Family owned and operated
- Paid Training
- Advancement opportunities – we aim to promote within
- Top of the line / well-maintained equipment
- Family Oriented – Annual events
Be sure to watch our video below on what our employees love about working for Bituminous Roadways, Inc.!
Bituminous Roadways, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Bituminous Roadways, Inc.
AddressSaint Paul, MN
AutomotiveView all jobs at Bituminous Roadways, Inc.