Director of Compliance, US
- Expired: May 13, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
BitPay, Inc., founded in 2011, is the worlds leading blockchain (cryptocurrency) payments company, serving industry-leading merchants on six continents by providing a seamless, secure cryptocurrency payments experience. BitPay builds powerful tools for accepting, storing, and spending cryptocurrency securely.
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional to join our growing compliance team. Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, the Director of Compliance, US will assist in leading and managing the Companys U.S. compliance program and team members.
This role will reward entrepreneurial and creative problem solvers who approach challenges with curiosity and a solutions-oriented mindset. If you are an independent thinker, driven, organized, enjoy managing people, and thrive in an innovative and fast-paced environment, this is the right opportunity for you!
- Assist with effective implementation and enhancement of the companys anti-money laundering/anti-terrorist financing/sanctions program, including drafting, reviewing, and enhancing policies and procedures; advancing the companys compliance strategy and culture; reviewing and enhancing compliance processes, systems and tools, training, and control documentation; developing risk assessments and reporting
- Manage a team of US-based compliance analysts to ensure efficient use of resources, effective management of processes, and quality control
- Assist with internal and external audits and exams
- Manage the Companys U.S. money transmitter license program
- Advise internal stakeholders on regulatory requirements and risks related to financial crimes and AML, both generally and in the evolving context of cryptocurrencies
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to identify creative solutions to complex challenges
- Stay up to date on regulatory and policy developments relevant to fintech and cryptocurrencies
- Other tasks as assigned
- 6+ years of experience as a hands-on participant of a financial services companys compliance program in an AML-related role
- Advanced knowledge of relevant BSA/AML/ATF and OFAC regulations, along with intellectual curiosity and ability to maintain a high level of expertise and keep abreast of key regulatory and company developments
- Experience building BSA/AML/ATF and OFAC Sanctions programs (including hands-on drafting of policies and procedures, conducting AML training, conducting investigations, filing SARs, and performing transaction monitoring) based on business needs and risk tolerance
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated strength in project management, process improvement and the ability to manage multiple priorities with a positive attitude
- Ability to write reports, business presentations, policies, procedures and operating guidelines in a clear and polished manner
- Experience balancing the needs of cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience managing internal/external audits and/or regulatory examinations
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Experience working at a payment processor and/or a financial institution with exposure to cryptocurrencies is a plus
- ACAMS certification
What we offer
- Work with an extraordinary team of smart, fun, and highly motivated people
- An exciting, fast-growing tech company with a global presence where you can solve complex problems and make an impact every day
- Awesome learning and growth opportunities with professional development reimbursement
- A competitive salary with comprehensive benefits including fully paid medical and dental employee plans, telemedicine, life insurance, disability insurance, vision coverage, 401k, travel assistance, and more!
- Option to be paid in bitcoin and enjoy a bitcoin match program
- Everyone is eligible for annual stock option awards
- Generous time off including a sabbatical and the opportunity to choose your own holidays
- Home office allowance, internet/cell reimbursement, free Amazon Prime and Spotify
- A remote-first company, with the option to work in our Alpharetta office in the beautiful, walkable restaurant/shopping district of Avalon
BusinessView all jobs at BitPay