Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Accountant opportunity for an exciting data center organization based in Honolulu, HI.
Temporary, Temporary to Hire and Fulltime candidates all encouraged to apply
Accounting | Finance | Financial Strategy | Accounts Payable | Accounts Receivable | Financial Accounting Support | Sales Invoicing | Fixed Assets | Financial Reporting | Budget Analysis | MBA | CPA | GAAP |
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, sales and use tax filing, sales commission reporting, monthly reconciliation of G/L accounts and providing financial accounting support. This position reports to the Accounting Manager and Chief Financial Officer.
- Verify accuracy of vendor invoices, matching to purchase orders, and ensuring any credits or previous payments have been properly reflected/posted on invoice
- Accurately code invoice to appropriate GL expense code and cost center, and enter all vendor invoices into the accounting system in a timely manner
- Review employee expense reports for approval; ensure accurately coded to appropriate GL expense code and enter in the accounting system in a timely manner
- Review charge code expense statements, ensure spending was properly approved and/or match to corresponding receipts, accurately coded to appropriate GL expense code and enter in the accounting system in a timely manner
- Responsible for weekly check disbursements
- Maintain all accounts payable files and complete filing of paid invoices after each check run
- Review all correspondence/vendor statements regarding accounts payable and resolve outstanding issues.
- Add and maintain vendor accounts and set payment terms to take advantage of all discounts offered
- Maintain federal ID numbers for all vendors, maintain hard copies of W-9s and input accurate data in accounting system
- Assist Accounting Manager prepare year end 1099 reporting
- Ensure the Accounts Payable sub-ledger reconciles with the General Ledger/Balance Sheet by 2nd week after month-end and propose necessary accruals
- Maintain all Accounts Payable reports and files
- Process customer check payment receipts and record into accounting system
- Record and make bi-weekly bank deposits
- Process customer credit card and bank payment receipts and record into accounting system
- Research and resolve customer short payments or variances. Follow up with customers for any discrepancies
- Respond to customer requests for invoice copies and delivery receipts
- Ensure all accounts receivable files are maintained
- Add and maintain customer accounts and ensure address and contact information is updated in accounting and provisioning system
- Ensure the Accounts Receivable sub-ledger reconciles with the General Ledger/Balance Sheet by 2nd week after month-end and propose necessary reserve for bad debt
- Maintain all Accounts Receivable reports and files
- Prepare and create customer invoices and ensure prorated amount of each sales order is included on monthly invoices (if applicable)
- Follow-up service calls to customers regarding installation to solicit feedback on installation process and if further assistance is needed understanding initial invoice.
- Maintain proper filing of all customer executed sales orders
Sales Order Booking & Sales Commission Reporting
- Match and/or enter sales invoice amounts with commission calculation in Salesforce/excel report
- Calculate commission payment based on monthly invoicing amount
- Assist Accounting Manager process monthly commission payments
- Forward commission reports to the respective salesperson each month
- Maintain monthly commission accrual vs. payment report
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions by verifying receipt and acceptance of asset, accurately code fixed asset invoice to with proper fixed asset GL account code and department code and record in the accounting system
- Review and update the detailed schedules of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation with new addition/deletions of fixed assets, indicate if GET tax paid on the asset and portion pertaining to shipping
- Calculate depreciation expense for all fixed assets each month and update monthly accumulated depreciation journal entry in accounting system.
- Prepare asset roll-forward schedules relating to fixed assets and accumulated depreciation for month-end purposes
- Conduct analysis related to fixed assets as requested by Accounting Manager
- Maintain IT Equipment Fixed Asset Schedule and associated depreciation.
- Update monthly budget to actual financial statements on a weekly basis
- Perform & document monthly roll-forward on balance sheet accounts
- Create and maintain detailed expense analysis spreadsheets on income/expense accounts
- Post month-end, quarter-end accruals to ensure that monthly close can be completed with 2 weeks.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA/MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of recent accounting experience required.
- Proven experience with A/P and A/R required.
- Understanding of AP/AR relationship to General Ledger
- Solid MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook skills required
- Preferred experience with Sage Peachtree Accounting experience or equivalent Accounting system
- Fast, accurate data entry skills – 10-key by touch
- Excellent problem resolution skills and ability to multi-task
- Solid organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in priorities and scheduled tasks
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing across multiple levels within an organization and with customers
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, prioritize, organize and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service orientation
** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: **
Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. Required
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Bishop & Company, Inc.