**No Relocation assistance offered. In-state candidates only. Direct hire, W2 job. H1B sponsorship, Corp to Corp, 1099 arrangements not offered. On-site work**
Primary Purpose of Job
Responsible for the development, administration, security, performance and recoverability of the employer's Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), related data marts, Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes and related systems. Provide administration and SQL support for operational databases.
Major Job Accountabilities
- Responsible for the overall performance, reliability and security of data, databases and related systems. Ensures that databases and processes are performing at optimum levels and that all data, databases, and related systems are recoverable.
- Performs preventative maintenance. Regularly monitors database and ETL operations to ensure successful completion. Provides after-hour support and troubleshooting activities for all databases and ETL processes, as needed to ensure 24/7 system availability.
- Performs system and server administrative duties, including software installations, upgrades, configuration, and migrations.
- Develops, administers and maintains the EDW, data marts, application interfaces, data virtualization layers, reports, dashboards, data extracts, and ETL platforms.
- Executes appropriate testing and validation activities for all platforms. Documents test results and ensures that all open issues are resolved.
- Creates and maintains design documents, application overview documents, data flow diagrams, procedures, standards, and other technical documents.
- Ensures appropriate controls over the EDW to maintain a highly controlled and fully auditable environment.
- Fosters a positive, learning and collaborative team environment. Proactively documents and cross-trains teammates to promote knowledge transfer and to ensure adequate coverage.
- College (4-year) Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Three (3) year minimum experience designing, implementing, administering and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Three (3) years minimum experience in ETL development using SSIS or Informatica
Required Skills or Training
- Proficiency with database design, security, backup, recovery, tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with SQL, stored procedures, triggers and views.
- Solid understanding of security concepts including authentication, authorization, and Active Directory.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate technical concepts.
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills.
Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet project deadlines and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Demonstrates readiness to leverage new technologies without formal training.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision; takes initiative when identifies a need or issue
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran