Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Retail - Loss Prevention, Compliance and Security Manager professional for an exciting opportunity in Honolulu, HI
RETAIL - LOSS PREVENTION, COMPLIANCE AND SECURITY MANAGER #17847
Retail | Compliance Security | Management | Production Facilities | Security Management | Transportation | Business | Leadership | Loss Prevention | Manufacturing | Healthcare | Cannabis | Consumer Product Good | Supply Chain | Distribution | Retail Store Loss Prevention | Theft Management | Inventory Management
Are you motivated by a desire to maintain a heavy compliant, retail loss prevention and secure organization? Are you experienced with Retail Loss Prevention and Inventory Management? Passionate about maintaining compliance standards? Do you have the ability to lead by example to achieve results? Are you detail oriented and highly diligent about maintaining strict standards for safety?
If you are all of this and more… then this is the opportunity for you!
The Retail - Loss Prevention, Compliance and Security Manager is responsible for all aspects of security, to include ensuring the physical security of all retail facilities and product manufacturing, inventory and distribution This role will be responsible for adhering to and implementing the State of Hawaii’s established rules and laws related to medical marijuana by ensuring safe and secure facilities, the day to day management of a security staff and overseeing computer systems. Extensive experience in security, managing security personnel, and the design, installation and maintenance of security enhancing equipment. Understanding of configuring computer security systems and hardware, diagnosing and solving hardware and software faults in part by consulting with users, monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks, and to serve as a liaison with IT service and software providers is preferred. This position requires availability to respond to emergencies during all hours.
- Managing all aspects of security, including but not limited to, retail store outlets, production facilities, product inventory, loss prevention, risk management, ensuring the physical security of facilities, systems, products and personnel.
- Directing security staff, to include making recommendations on employment-related decisions related to security staff, training security staff and assigning daily work for security staff based on assessment of fitness for specific assignments.
- Becoming knowledgeable about and following all State of Hawaii and all other applicable laws, regulations and rules related to medical marijuana.
- Becoming knowledgeable of and following all rules and operating procedures related to the operation of the business.
- Providing physical security at all facilities and contacting emergency services when appropriate.
- Installing and maintaining security related systems including but not limited to the DVR system and access control system for all facilities.
- Ensuring all security related systems remain operational and taking appropriate action to quickly remedy any failures.
- As requested by the Hawaii Department of Health, providing access to the DVRs requested in format requested.
- Conducting and/or assisting with the secure transportation of products and proceeds of the sale of products.
- Responding to equipment failures and other emergencies during off hours.
- Providing oversight and direction to security staff, including the scheduling of work assignments.
- As required, conducting security related tasks ensuring the safety of employees, patients and members of the public.
- Overseeing, managing and developing all transportation records and activities of product between cultivation, dispensary, and production facilities.
- Fully complying with all company and state transportation procedures and policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree, commensurate with experience.
- 2-5 years previous management experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in a security or retail - loss prevention, risk management role preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary without oversight when needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain knowledge and ability to comprehend and apply the State of Hawaii's and all other applicable medical marijuana laws, regulations and rules.
- Minimum of 21 years of age as required by state statute.
- Must pass background checks, including fingerprints and drug screening, per applicable requirements set forth under state statute.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to secure SOH guard card.
- STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. Required. **
- Knowledge of State of Hawai’i and all other applicable medical marijuana laws, regulations and rules.
- Knowledge of physical security requirements and security personnel management skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight when needed.
- Ability to design, install and configure computer systems and hardware, diagnose and solve hardware and software faults in part by consulting users, monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks and to serve as a liaison with service and software providers, preferred - as it relates to security systems.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***