Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Retail Banking Branch Manager for a leading Financial organization in Honolulu.
BRANCH MANAGER – RETAIL BANKING #17354
Banking | Management | Leadership | Strategic | Marketing | Customer Experience | Operations | Sales | Coaching | Customer Relationships | Budgeting | Business Development | Operations |
Are you motivated by leading a team to top sales performance and exceeding expectations? Do you specialize in customer relationships? Passionate about engaging with your community? Are you an exceptional multitasker? Do you offer proficiency in working in a retail banking organization, in a leadership role?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
The primary responsibility of the Branch Manager is to maximize the profitability of the branch and to lead the branch team in creating a culture of excellence in service and operations. Profitability is achieved through customer acquisition, retention and referrals to business partners. This position develops and executes a strategic plan that includes sales production, marketing and community involvement along with staff coaching and development. The Branch Manager actively makes outside sales calls that are results oriented. Effectively manages and grows a book of business, takes a leadership role within the community including sponsorship of and participation in community events. This position is responsible for the branch budget, operations, audits, compliance, security and safety. The Branch Manager will build, lead and develop their branch team so that our clients will know the Bank as the trusted provider and preferred source of financial services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Develop and execute integrated sales, relationship and community strategies that are aligned with the branch’ s business plan and that grow the customer base. Strategies include but are not limited to cold/appointment calls, outbound telephone calls, in person meetings, business networking and participation in branch and community events. May conduct educational seminars.
- Develop and coach branch team profiling and sales skills while ensuring high product knowledge.
- Implement tactical plans to actively call on new and prospective customers, exploring needs and cross-selling bank products and services.
- Creates a warm, welcoming and friendly experience for all customers and employees. Models exemplary customer service qualities demonstrating a positive, can-do attitude and customer first culture. Responsible for overseeing efficient lobby management and in building a trusting, seamless and superior branch experience for customers.
- Conducts care calls with consumer and business clients to ensure satisfaction
- May process transactions and account maintenance activities including processing daily transactions, opening a cash drawer, balancing the ATM, Wire Transfers, and/or acting as a back-up for the vault banker. Serves as a resource for complex account servicing needs.
- Hires and develops quality staff ensuring proper skills and staffing levels to ensure the highest level of customer service. Quickly resolves issues of non-performance including termination in accordance with Bank’ s policies and procedures.
- Provides coaching to the staff on the day-to-day operations of the branch as needed.
- Monitors and tracks sales and service performance of staff making adjustments as necessary.
- Oversees branch facility management such as maintenance, repairs, remodeling and branch security.
- Operate within the annual branch budget and revenue projections during the year, communicating goals to staff.
- Ultimately accountable for branch performance on audits and compliance with established bank operating procedures and practices.
- Develop and implement a community relations plan in partnership with the Community Relations and Marketing Departments.
- Work with the Marketing Department to plan and coordinate branch events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five years’ experience in a bank branch environment as an Assistant Branch Manager, Business Development Officer, Customer Service Supervisor, Branch Manager, or equivalent, in Hawaii, strongly preferred.
- Strong business and financial acumen including the ability to asses and manage risk. Proven history of negotiation and influencing skills.
- BS/BA degree in business/management related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven sales results and sales management skills. Demonstrated skill in soliciting business for bank deposit products and services. Ability to identify client needs, present banking solutions and bank products. Proven ability to retain existing customers and develop new customer relationships.
- Professional staff development, performance management, training, and employee counseling skills are required. Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Strong people relations skills and ability to work with employees and customers in a cooperative manner. Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions, research and solve problems, work independently, and manage multiple priorities.
- Local travel required. Valid driver' s license, vehicle, and liability insurance required.
STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
- ** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. Required.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***