Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Manufacturing Production Manager professional for an exciting opportunity in Honolulu, HI
MANUFACTURING PRODUCTION MANAGER #18009
Manufacturing | Production | Management | Production Facilities | Quality Control | Facility Maintenance | Operations | Packaging | Safety | Business | Leadership
Are you motivated by a desire to produce high quality results? Are you experienced with manufacturing production? Passionate about managing and leading others? Do you have the ability to oversee all aspects of post-production and manufacturing?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
The Production Manager will lead and drive all aspects of the organization’s Production Facility, which includes processing of cannabis into safe, high quality, and effective cannabis products and successfully scale manufacturing. This position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of post-production and manufacturing including production, quality control, inventory, shipping and receiving, facility maintenance, and compliance with health and safety and environmental standards. The Production Manager reports directly to the COO.
- Manage the daily operations of the Production Facility by providing direction to operational personnel including post-production, manufacturing, packaging, and facility maintenance.
- Work closely with Cultivation Consultants and develop a plan of action to bring cultivation in house in the next 2-3 years.
- Report to COO and other management on a continual basis to ensure efficient workflow and processes.
- Responsible for the safety of employees.
- Responsible for maintaining a sterile production environment.
- Review, train and implement all SOPs while continually looking for ways to improve and revise them.
- Engage with all team members to find inefficiencies and execute improvements.
- Analyze current systems and lead reengineering of planning processes and reorganization of workflow, evaluating best industry tools and processes; keep abreast of the latest technology in the field.
- Train and provide employee performance management and enhancement.
- Assess and improve facilities morale.
- Ensure 100% compliance to federal, state and company policies.
- Biotrack and documentation data management.
- Ensure postproduction is managed to deliver highest quality product in most efficient manner.
- Assist in ongoing audits to ensure adherence to all state mandated compliance.
- Track facility performance metrics in tandem with Human Resources to determine staffing requirements.
- Vendor and supplies management, inventory management, planning and monitoring consumption rates.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, manufacturing, or related field.
- Minimum 3-6 years supervisory experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience and knowledge, with advanced excel skills.
- Proficiency in Biotrack software.
- Minimum of 21 years of age as required by state statute.
- Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws, rules and regulations.
- Must pass background checks/fingerprinting per applicable requirements set forth under state statute.
- STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. Required. **
- Working knowledge of State of Hawai’i laws, regulations and rules related to medical marijuana.
- Ability to work well, individually and in teams, with a diverse group of people. Must have excellent people skills.
- Ability to instigate, change and process improvement.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Possess the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***