Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity as a Licensed Manager and Chief Engineer for a utility company based in Lihu'e, Kaua'i.
LICENSED MANAGER AND CHIEF ENGINEER – Island of Kaua’i #18223
** Must be a licensed engineer in the State of Hawai'i or able to obtain a Hawai'i license prior to appointment **
Operations | Utility Water Supply Systems | Utility Capacity Planning | Engineering
| Administration | Management | Utilities | Engineer | Operations | Utilities | Licensed Engineer | Island of Kaua’i
Are you a licensed Engineer? Do you specialize in utility water supply systems? Do you enjoy managing and training others?
If you are all of this and more… then this is the opportunity for you!
The Manager and Chief Engineer is responsible for managing day-to-day operations and must demonstrate proven experience in the area of utility capacity planning, long-term facility planning, financing, water quality testing and monitoring, and knowledge of rules and regulations regarding potable drinking water established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and enforced by the Department of Health in the state of Hawai'i.
This position will work collaboratively with the Board and assist the board in the execution of its duties as prescribed by the Charter of the County of Kauai, overseeing planning, designing, developing, operating, and managing of utility water supply systems.
The ideal candidate must be seasoned manager and highly resourceful leader with strong knowledge of and experience in utility water supply systems.
- Demonstrated experience in financial, public relations, including public speaking engagements, and personnel matters is highly desirable.
- Possess a certificate of registration as a professional engineer in the State of
Hawaii or become registered in the State of Hawaii prior to appointment.
- Offer experience of significant interaction with consumers, County, State, Federal and private agencies and administers policies, rules and regulations established by the Kaua'i Board of Water Supply.
- Demonstrate proven experience in the area of utility capacity planning, long-term facility planning, financing, water quality testing and monitoring, and knowledge of rules and
regulations regarding potable drinking water established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and enforced by the Hawai'i State Department of Health.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MUST BE A LICENSED ENGINEER – in the State of Hawai’I or is able to obtain a Hawai’i license prior to appointment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Must possess five plus (5+) years of training and experience in an engineering role, with at least three (3) years of which shall have been in a responsible administrative capacity.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in utility water supply systems
- Is committed to moving to the island of Kaua'i upon appointment
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
To be considered for this exceptional career opportunity, submit a resume with proof of registered professional license, education and degrees, membership in professional organizations such as Hawaii Water Works or American Water Works Associations, and professional references to: Bishop & Company (or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Phone: 808-839-2200 Website: http://www.bishopco.net/
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Bishop & Company, Inc.