We are looking for a candidate to fill a Help Desk Position immediately. You will be part of a dedicated team that supports users located primarily in Honolulu with occasional travel to branches in other areas of Oahu. The work schedule is from Monday through Friday during business hours with the very occasional off-hour support. The work environment is very organized and highly structured with a strong emphasis on standard operating procedures and proper documentation.
- Provides technical support related to the products and services including computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Provides first and second level telephone or on-site support to resolve problems
- Creates and updates work relating to incidents and requests via the work tracking system.
- Monitors, assists, and provides status to clients for work
- Provides training to internal staff and company customers.
- Prepares instructional material on hardware and software enhancements and teaches, guides, and informs internal staff and company customers regarding use.
- Is available beyond core business hours to provide emergency support of related systems plus assists or routes after hour support calls as needed.
- Assists with desktop hardware and software installations and relocations.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of information system technologies normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of end-user applications including Windows, Office apps, Email, and Web applications
- Troubleshooting knowledge on PC hardware and peripherals including desktops, printers, and scanners.
- Good understanding of Windows client and server environments with emphasis on Microsoft Active Directory
- Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to field telephone calls all day long and remain composed and customer focused.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the company and a wide variety of end-users in structured and unstructured settings.
- Demonstrated ability and motivation to learn new tools and products independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and persuade various groups or individuals and provide excellent customer service.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- 3 years experience with Windows based or compatible personal computers, proficient with Windows desktop products.
- 2 years experience in an IT environment specifically within a Windows Active Directory domain.
- Technical certifications are highly desired
- This is not an entry level position so please DO NOT apply if you do not meet the experience requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Active Directory: 2 years (Required)
- Windows based: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- PC Hardware: 3 years (Required)
- Help Desk Support: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- O‘ahu, HI (Required)
License or certification:
- Driver's License (Required)
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran