Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Director of Healthcare Logistics, Blood Donor Programs professional, for a healthcare related industry, non-profit organization for an exciting opportunity in Honolulu, HI
Director of Healthcare Logistics, Blood Donor Programs #18028
Leadership | Logistics | Management | Donor Relations | Phlebotomy | Healthcare Administration | Compliance | Implementation | Phlebotomy collections | Volunteer management | Event management | Donor collections | Operations | Customer Service | Communication | Non-profit | Mission driven | Mission and vision
Are you a strong leader with a mind for logistics? Are you motivated by managing people and projects to obtain a common goal? Passionate about helping others? Do you have strong people skills and driven by building relationships? Do you offer healthcare experience and experience managing volunteers?
If you are all of this and more… then this is the opportunity for you!
The Director of Healthcare Logistics, Blood Donor Programs is responsible for the planning, development, organization, coordination and management of the activities associated with donor collections and procedures. The Director is responsible for ensuring staff perform collection activities and implement initiatives that are in accordance with regulations and standard operating procedures. The Director is responsible for the logistics of the collection’s operation to assure adequate staffing and appropriate equipment is in place to meet goals and strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forecast and develop collection activities, both short-term and long-term, to support strategic growth initiatives. Work closely with the Donor Services team to assure effectiveness of initiatives.
- Plan and implement appropriate strategies to achieve donor satisfaction in all areas of responsibility. Assure timely and appropriate follow-up on all adverse customer service issues.
- Work with Directors to prepare and evaluate departmental budget and assure department operates within established budget
- Provide support, guidance and development to assigned supervisors and staff, including but not limited to training, performance management, disciplinary action, etc., while exhibiting leadership and commitment of the organization’s mission
- Communicate changes in operations affecting planned budgeted or strategic outcomes, including those with financial or staff impact
- Actively participate in the production planning team to assure effective communication and coordination of recruitment, collection, manufacturing, and marketing of products
- Develop and/or utilize bench-marking or other center/industry metrics to monitor efficiency and effectiveness of assigned department and of the organization. Communicate and educate staff of these quality metrics. Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and meet or exceed metric goals.
- Assure that departmental activities are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and communicate all compliance issues or concerns with executive management in a timely manner.
- Execute projects in accordance with established timelines to ensure initiatives and strategies are progressing
- Maintain and retain all appropriate documentation as required by company policy or state or federal regulations
- Participate in national professional organizations as appropriate
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Logistics, Healthcare Administration, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent combination of education and related professional training. Master’s Degree, preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of ten years’ progressive leadership experience. Fifteen years’ experience, a plus
- Ability to do strategic and critical thinking, planning and follow through in managing the department employees to achieve established targets
- Excellent supervisory, management and leadership skills with ability to effectively lead teams of employees
- Demonstrated ability to solicit and manage the development of innovative approaches to current and emerging business challenges, while taking into account strategic implications
- Highly developed skills in human relations with proven ability to relate to individuals in a positive manner and build and maintain solid working relationships. Good interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work with and service diverse individuals and provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent oral, reading and written communication skills, including good listening skills with the ability to receive and comprehend detailed oral or written information
- Good analytical, assessment, judgment and problem-solving skills with ability to recognize areas of concern, review/analyze data, clarify information that is needed and ability to use logic and reasoning to identify problems and to develop, evaluate and implement solutions
- Detail oriented, accurate with good follow-through
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to maintain composure and professionalism when working under time constraints
- Goal-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team to productively collaborate and meet goals/objectives
- Computer literate, ability to learn new programs and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional, business-like appearance
- Good attendance
- Flexible with schedule – able to adjust to varying work schedule and days off
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Hawaii resident strongly preferred.
- Healthcare, most specifically Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Volunteer management experience preferred
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***