Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Director of Patient Services professional, for a healthcare related industry, non-profit organization for an exciting opportunity in Honolulu, HI
Director of Patient Services #18197
Leadership | Logistics | Management | Patient Services | Healthcare Administration | Compliance | Implementation | Laboratory | Component Manufacturing Operations | Immunohematology Reference Testing | Compliance | Non-profit | Mission driven | Mission and vision | Pharmaceutical | Laboratory |
Are you a strong leader with a mind for logistics? Are you motivated by managing people and projects to obtain a common goal? Passionate about laboratory activities and operations? Do you have strong planning and implementation skills and driven by results? Do you offer healthcare and laboratory experience?
If you are all of this and more… then this is the opportunity for you!
The Director of Patient Services is responsible for directing all activities of the laboratory to ensure compliant, efficient and effective operations in component manufacturing, QC, and immunohematology reference testing. The Director is responsible for overseeing the Department of Patient Services and reports to the Chief Operating Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the laboratories compliance with applicable internal and external regulations, policies and procedures. Follows-up on deficiencies reported. Assures the technical competence necessary to provide testing services of the highest quality.
- Develops and implements continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Develops and/or reviews laboratory policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and other documents.
- Oversees clinical laboratory improvement act (CLIA) regulated proficiency testing program. Ensures testing lab staff competency and proficiency.
- For CLIA moderate complexity testing, serves as the technical consultant to management on laboratory/technical issues. For CLIA high complexity testing, serves as general supervisor or, where applicable, technical supervisor.
- Oversees the planning and implementation of new methodologies, equipment and software, special research projects and educational programs.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Assists with the development and direction of the marketing program and business plans for the laboratory.
- Ensures administration and performance of all contracts and testing services agreements. Pursues additional opportunities, as directed.
- Remains abreast of changes and developments in the industry. Establishes and maintains a network of professional relationships both inside and outside the organization. Represents the company through participation in national and/or local professional organizations.
- Develops and monitors operating and capital expenditure budget for assigned area. Assists in formulating and implementing strategy for short and long-range strategic planning and goal setting. Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Takes corrective action when necessary to ensure the achievement of operation plans.
- Hires, supervises, trains and evaluate performance of assigned personnel. Identifies and effectively resolves personnel issues.
- Ensures the ongoing technical and professional development of staff.
- Other tasks, duties or projects, as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in related area required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations as they relate to laboratory operations required.
- Knowledge of management principles including human resource management, budget administration, financial analysis and business administration required.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Hawaii Medical Technologist (also called Clinical Laboratory Scientist) licensure
- SBB certification preferred
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of nine (9) years clinical laboratory or blood banking experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience required.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively motivate and develop personnel.
- Demonstrated effective staff supervisory skills, including setting clear expectations, coaching, counseling, mentoring, conflict resolution and performance management.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide consistently high levels of customer service to external customers.
- Excellent management skills: planning, organizational, analytical, problem solving and prioritizing.
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret and present data toward appropriate decision making.
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex business and financial data and develop innovation solutions.
- Ability to plan and organize a diversified and heavy workload.
- Ability to make sound decisions and work well under pressure and time/resource constraints.
- Ability to envision new approaches to laboratory operations and seek out growth opportunities.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Professional, business-like appearance
- Good attendance
- Flexible with schedule – able to adjust to varying work schedule and days off
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Hawaii resident strongly preferred.
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. **
Bishop & Company, Inc.