Customer Service Representative I - #18536
Bishop & Company, Inc. Honolulu, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bishop & Co. is seeking candidates for a Customer Service Representative with a health insurance company in the Downtown Honolulu area.
Customer Service Representative #18536
Summary: Serves as a liaison between clients, members and providers. Provides professional, thorough, accurate, and timely customer service and responds to a high volume of primarily routine telephone and other inquiries to and from members, providers, employer groups, and clients; and documents inquiries.
- Successfully responds to and logs routine telephone inquiries from members, providers, employer groups, and clients. Inquiries require knowledge in the areas of utilizing the plan, benefits, eligibility, claims, premium payment, and accurate completion and processing of forms and documentation.
- Identifies specific questions, problems or concerns using clarifying questions and researching individual files.
- Effectively accesses, interprets and analyzes internal policies and information maintained on computer databases, in resource manuals, and in various computer systems to resolve inquiries.
- Accurately responds to and follows up on inquiries in a timely and professional manner favorably through verbal and written communication. Refers escalated cases to a specialist or management.
- Logs and tracks inquiries that require further action and maintains pending files to ensure resolution. Assists department until situations are resolved. Makes outbound phone calls as needed to resolve issues.
- Investigates problems and complaints, including reviewing responses from other departments and supervisors. Determines appropriate resolution, including negotiating positive outcomes.
- Assists with special or ongoing projects as assigned.
- Identifies and notifies supervisors of client, member, and system issues or trends. Suggests solutions, quality improvements, or procedural changes.
- Informs applicable departments of errors, including claims paid or denied in error, and requests adjustment or correction. Follows up on requests and ensures resolution.
- Works independently with minimal supervision. Takes the initiative to effectively carry out daily responsibilities.
- Experience in a medical or healthcare setting preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in customer service required
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication
Position Type: Temporary to Hire
Schedule: Full Time, Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Pay Rate: $15.00/hr.
Location: Downtown Honolulu
Benefits: Bishop & Company offers its temporary and contract employees attractive, competitive benefits, including paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, and matching 401k plan for all those who qualify
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Bishop & Company, Inc.