Bishop & Company, Inc. Honolulu, HI
- Posted: over a month ago
Cable technicians are responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing cable infrastructure for our DOD customers. Job duties for cable technicians include creating cable pathways, pulling cable, inspecting cable lines, laying ground cable, and termination and testing of Cat5e, Cat6 and fiber optics.
Responsibilities for Cable Technician;
• Installing duct s and conduits, pulling cables, and terminating, testing, and repairing interior and outside copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cabling.
• Generating rack elevations, floor layouts, and connection detail drawings for multiple and varied spaces.
• Installing, fusion splicing, labeling and testing optical fiber.
• Installing, terminating, labeling and testing shielded and unshielded copper.
• Installing complete data center infrastructure (Racks, PDU, CAT6, SM/MM Fiber, Patch Panels, and labeling).
• Installation of Cat 5e/6 Structured Cabling Systems according to industry standards such as EIA/TIA, BICSI, NEC.
• Pull, route, and label Cat6 and other forms of network cable.
• Install various support structures, including cable racks, j-hooks and innerduct.
• Ability to develop clear documentation as well as follow already established documentation.
• Cabling system experience, technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, programming, and replacing network infrastructure.
• Knowledge of using diagnostic tools, service aids, and product schematics, to assess and resolve equipment and system failures.
• Secret clearance.
• Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50lbs.
Level of experience;
• Entry Level: 1-3 yrs
• Journeymen: 3-4yrs
• Expert (Senior): 5-10yrs
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***
Location: Honolulu, HI