Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity as a Branch Sales & Supervisor for a construction industry organization in Wailuku, HI.
BRANCH SALES & SUPERVISOR – MAUI #18150
Supervise | Construction | Sales | Management | Construction Supply | Building | Relationships | Professional | Customer Service
Do you have construction industry experience, ideally in the Hawaii construction market? Do you consider yourself a sales person? Are you an exceptional relationship builder? Are you proficient at overseeing operations?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make outside sales calls, prospect new accounts, close deals.
- Supervise inventory management and ensure sufficient levels for daily needs and all upcoming projects. Arrange incoming and outgoing shipments from vendors or other branches to service customer’s needs. Manage inventory levels to minimize operational costs. Ensure customers and field personnel have needed material to successfully complete their projects. Service customers with equipment information, quotations, deliveries and returns.
- Supervise equipment maintenance to maintain rent ready condition without loss of capacity or reliance. Ensure maintenance equipment needed for maintenance tasks are available and operational.
- Supervise warehouse operations to ensure customer requests are fulfilled. Dispatch work and delivery assignments based on priority or changing needs as the day/week progresses.
- Train employees on the proper maintenance and storage of all equipment and operational machinery/vehicles. Look for and improve work techniques with new workflow plans, ergonomic improvements and/or new equipment/technology.
- Oversee compliance with OSHA and DOT requirements and documentation.
- Review all staff generated equipment lists for accuracy and completeness. Coordinate between sales, yard, field, and billing staff to insure the best customer experience and a goal of no customer complaints.
- Interview, hire, train, motivate and manage employees, including performance evaluations with rewards/discipline.
- Address and resolve customer complaints to the satisfaction of company policy and good customer relations.
COMPETENCY, EXPERIENCE, & TRAINING
- Ability to manage laborers, maintenance technicians, truck drivers, office personnel.
- Able to service customers and make outside sales calls and deliveries.
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to make good decisions.
- Good communication skills, oral, written, simple business math & geometry including ability to sketch images of proposed work or equipment configurations.
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet.
- 10 years in construction Trade or Management.
- 5 years lead or supervisory position of construction/construction-supply labor crew.
- Familiar with Scaffolding Systems & Concrete Forming Systems.
- Mechanically inclined with a working knowledge of electrical motors, associated drive systems, and welding.
- Minimum High School Diploma with strong business training.
- Valid Driver’s License. Forklift training, 1-3-year experience.
- Previous training in the construction industry, Trade training or Construction management.
- Safety Training: General Industry, Fall Protection, Osha 30hr preferred.
- Scaffolding: Fixed & Suspended scaffold preferred.
- Concrete Formwork: working knowledge of elevated slab, wall, and column forming preferred.
HAWAII RESIDENTS ONLY, PLEASE
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Bishop & Company, Inc.