- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
· The Placenta Donation Coordinator (PDC) shall be responsible for implementation of policies and procedures as established by Birth Tissue Recovery. The PDC must demonstrate competency in the operations to which they are assigned.
· Full time, 7a – 3p, but hours are dynamic.
· Understand and comply with privacy rules and regulations.
· Perform tasks overseen and/or regulated by the AATB, FDA, and applicable state and federal agencies.
· Compliance with Company standard operating procedures, and training related to the identification of potential donors, obtaining informed consent and related documentation, performing tissue acquisition/collection procedures, and maintaining hospital relations necessary for performance of duties.
· Perform assigned duties without interrupting hospital procedures or workflow, and enhancing the patient experience in a complex environment.
· Successfully complete a hospital orientation and credentialing process.
· Obtain and explain informed, documented informed consent from diverse patient population.
· Obtain donor risk assessment information, be capable of interpreting responses, and provide accurate feedback.
· Obtain blood specimens from hospital staff, document and maintain chain-of-custody.
· Obtain pertinent patient medical records.
· Obtain pre-procedure patient appointment information in order to create accurate work schedule, keep schedule accurate in an environment prone to rapid, unanticipated changes.
· Perform hands-on aseptic placenta tissue acquisition procedures including, when applicable, being present in the operating room, interacting with OR staff, accepting freshly delivered placenta.
· Accurate, timely, and complete documentation of all activities.
· Provide patient and staff education and follow-up information.
· Label, package, and ship tissue and lab specimens.
· Professional, multi-disciplinary account management skills.
· Superlative situational awareness and communication skills.
· Review records and forms for completion and accuracy.
· 2-years of clinical background experience (e.g., CST, RNs, CTBS)
· Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Biology, or Nursing preferred.
· Successfully complete a background and reference check, drug screening, and be subject to periodic, unannounced re-testing.
· Must have working knowledge of medical terminology and good documentation practices.
· Must be able to perform aseptic tissue acquisition procedures.
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
· Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional bedside manner required.
· Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people, including patients and hospital staff.
· Must be able to work well under pressure without compromise to quality of work.
· Must have current valid Driver’s License, auto insurance and reliable transportation.
· Must support, and advocate for, the altruistic benefits of organ and tissue donation.
· Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Birth Tissue Recovery
Get fresh Operations Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!