- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports to: Director of Security
Classification: Non-exempt, hourly
Education and/or Experience
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous service in the US Armed Forces; local police, state police or Sheriff’s Office desirable.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Experience in related job preferred.
- Must be able to remain alert throughout overnight shifts.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Responsible for general security and fire prevention on club property. Patrol club facilities and property to ensure safety of members, guests, employees and the club’s assets including property. Makes timely written and oral reports, as required. Observes and enforces club safety rules and policies.
- Observes all persons entering and leaving the building and remains alert for internal theft, suspicious persons and/or vehicles.
- Inspects all parcels, handbags, boxes or other containers carried by employees to and from work.
- Ensures that employees do not leave the premises with uniform, flowers, food, beverages or unauthorized club property in accordance with established policies.
- Enforces all employee-related rules and regulations of club.
- Answers night connection telephone and assists as required.
- Monitors security camera system.
- Responds to emergency, fire alarms and break-in alarms and contacts Clubhouse Manager and/or police in the event of a disturbance.
- Administers CPR and First Aid, if necessary.
- Patrols parking lots; prevents unauthorized vehicles and people from using parking lots.
- Notes any deficiencies in club’s security measures.
- Maintains accurate log of all security staff activities.
- Conducts intermittent inspections of the clubhouse, grounds and all other club facilities and areas.
- Assures that all internal and external doors are locked according to club’s policies.
- Is familiar with emergency 911 notification procedures.
- Monitors and logs temperatures of walk-in cooler and refrigerated storage areas in kitchen.
- Monitors energy controls in Engineers’ equipment room.
- Completes other appropriate assignments made by the Director of Security.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Certification in Basic CPR, AED and First Aid.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequent exposure to hot, sunny, humid, cold or rainy conditions.
- Working conditions are often slippery and wet.
- May work in night time conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions.
- Continuous standing and walking.
Birnam Wood Golf Club
AddressSanta Barbara, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at Birnam Wood Golf Club