Please note that this position is an anticipated need due to growth. We expect to interview for this position until 10/01/2018, and hire for the position around 10/15/2018.
This position will require daily interaction with attorneys and clients, multi-tasking, ability to meet deadlines, and prioritization. This individual will handle an ongoing caseload of 100+ client files.
- Monitor and manage all aspects of each client’s file as directed by an attorney
- Answer phone calls regarding cases from clients, doctors, attorneys, medical providers, collection agencies, etc.
- Set appointments, calendar entries, and file all mail for each case file
- Track and notify attorneys of deadlines for their cases, and follow up to make sure the deadlines are met
- Compose letters & disburse settlements. Completion of disbursement forms
- Teamwork Oriented - our Legal Assistants work closely together on day-to-day project tasks
- Detail Oriented while working expeditiously
- Communication Proficiency
- Professional Written and Verbal Skills
- Personal Credibility/Effectiveness
Preferred Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Case management & case management software experience a major plus
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Desire to grow and a willingness to serve alongside hard working individuals
- Not required: Prior knowledge working in legal field or experience with legal matters
- Minimum 2 years of experience with requirement to be detail oriented, thorough, and assertive while also being respectful and empathetic to coworkers and clients
- Excellent client service skills (patient, empathetic, friendly) with experience in a legal or call center environment
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment where being thorough and accurate is important
- Solid computer skills - Ability to type 50 wpm
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) proficiency a plus