Administrative Assistant for City Walk BHAM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT CITY WALK BHAM:
The recent completion of Birmingham’s I-59/20 Central Business District (CBD) Interstate bridges brings about a renewed focus on the space underneath the bridges known as City Walk BHAM. The goal of City Walk BHAM is to provide a space to assist in reconnecting Birmingham and create a destination and common area open to all citizens.
City Walk BHAM will span 10 city blocks, from 15th St N to 25th St N – almost a mile in length. The entire area encompasses 31 acres, which will provide a space to assist in connecting Birmingham. A community voice is being used to create a destination and common area for all citizens of Birmingham.
The Administrative Assistant for City Walk Birmingham, performs diverse administrative duties often of a confidential and/or complex- nature. This position exists to assist the day-to-day administrative functions for the department. Responsibilities include providing a variety of clerical tasks such as directing visitors, creating documents/reports, filing, constructing communications and data entry.
Demonstrates understanding and full performance ability in each of the following:
- Greets and directs area visitors to the appropriate meeting areas.
- Serves as a first point of contact for public inquiry and customer venue questions.
- Answers the departments telephone, direct/forward calls, takes messages, screen calls, answers inquiries and etc.
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars.
- Schedules and coordinates staff and other meetings.
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks to include reviewing event information in the internal event database (Concentric), creating spreadsheets in Excel for tracking functions, composing letters to customers using Word and other software pertinent to performing the tasks.
- Ability to use internal accounting system (Concentric) to complete a variety of tasks including, generate billing payment requests, employee communications, view event profile/event information and etc.
- Retrieve and distributes mail and maintains office supplies for the department.
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents.
- Positive working relationships with internal and external customers to deliver professional administration coordination.
- Organizes details of meetings, agendas, and itineraries for the department.
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical.
- Organizes, plans and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Assist with event coordination and post event meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
Accountability, Interpersonal Skills, Customer Service, Communication, Active Listening, Conflict Management, Job Knowledge, Dependability, Financial Administration, Product Expertise, Organizational Skills, Detail Orientated, Initiative, Problem Solving, Responsiveness, Adaptability/Flexibility, Training and Development.
This environment is fast paced and moderately demanding. Work is typically performed indoors, in a temperature-controlled office setting.
Duties require extended periods of sitting. Limited amount of physical effort such as walking, standing, climbing, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling. Ability to lift up to 30lbs with or without assistance, while maintaining good balance. Must be flexible enough to reach above shoulder level and be able to push and pull for brief periods of time. Visual acuity, speech recognition, and speech clarity.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Normally, Monday-Friday regular business hours.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years related knowledge, experience, and skills in administrative assistance or similar position preferred.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D, associate degree or higher preferred.
- Park or hospitality administrative support background a plus.
- Valid State of Alabama Driver License.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Knowledgeable of Business English and basic mathematical calculations.
- Capable of working independently without continuous supervision.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters and emails.
- Ability to be supervised and work cooperatively with co-workers and provide good internal and external customer service.
- Excellent oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, time management, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Proficient in general office equipment including but not limited to computer, telephone, copier/fax machine, calculator, etc.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software and other software, to include Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Teams.
Birmingham Jefferson Co
BusinessView all jobs at Birmingham Jefferson Co