Birmingham based manufacturer of control panels and turnkey substation control buildings has an immediate need for a Welder / Machine Operator in the Fabrication Shop. The ideal candidate will have excellent mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate different equipment in a fabrication environment. Equipment includes Welder, CNC Milling Machine, CNC Laser Cutter, CNC Press Brake, Powder Coating Machine and Oven. Other duties include
1. Preparing work to be accomplished by studying work orders, specifications, instructions, diagrams, and wire lists; gathering tools and materials.
2. Resolving assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
3. Keeping equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
4. Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
5. Conserving resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
6. Documenting panel assembly by marking identifying data; completing forms.
7. Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The right candidate will have experience in welding and the ability to learn to operate other equipment. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fabrication facility and help develop some the processes for control panel fabrication. Salary based on experience. Interested candidates email firstname.lastname@example.org, and then call 205-252-2504x17 to set up an interview. All applicants applying must be authorized to work in the United States. M-F, EOE