- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Birmingham based manufacturer of control panels and turnkey substation control buildings has an immediate need for a MIG Welder in the Fabrication Shop. The ideal candidate will have excellent mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate different equipment in a fabrication environment. Equipment includes Welder, CNC Milling Machine, CNC Laser Cutter, CNC Press Brake, Powder Coating Machine and Oven. Other duties include
1. Preparing work to be accomplished by reading work orders, specifications, instructions, diagrams, and wire lists; gathering tools and materials.
2. Resolving assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
3. Keeping equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
4. Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
5. Conserving resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
6. Documenting panel assembly by marking identifying data; completing forms.
7. Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The right candidate will have experience in welding and the ability to learn to operate other equipment. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fabrication facility and help develop some of the processes for control panel fabrication. Salary based on experience and certifications. Interested candidates email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and then call 205-317-6031 to set up an interview. All applicants applying must be authorized to work in the United States. M-F, EOE
Birmingham Control SystemsWhy Work Here?
Great company to work for, good benefits, lots of room for growth
Birmingham Control Systems is a leading provider of Control Panels and Control Buildings for Industrial and Utility Control and Automation. We design, engineer, and manufacture control panels to protect, monitor, and control industrial and commercial processes, electrical distribution and utility equipment. We utilize the most current state of art microprocessor controlled relays, PLC's, and monitoring equipment. We also design and engineer turn key metal or concrete buildings with Control Panels installed and ready for field wiring. The Building design includes air conditioning and heating, AC panelboards, Battery backup systems, and DC panelboards, along with Control Panels mounted and ready for field wiring.
3779 Pine LnBessemer, AL