Biotech Startup is a data platform for microbial genomics. You'll join a technical, experienced team working on meaningful problems that range from infectious disease diagnostics to outbreak epidemiology to improving our understanding of the microbiome. We work with top researchers, medical institutions, biotechs, and have processed samples from all 7 continents and space!
We're currently looking for a Microbial Genomics scientist to join our growing team. This position will split their time between running and developing bioinformatics software and scientific and client communication.
- Collaborating with our team to develop new bioinformatics tools and internal pipelines
- Leveraging internal and open source tools to help solve our customers’ and partners’ bioinformatics challenges
- Educating our users on how to perform more advanced analyses on our platform, including via our built-in notebooks
- Writing blog posts and white papers to communicate new One Codex developments and research to potential users and customers
- Working and publishing with our academic collaborators
- You possess a deep understanding of key bioinformatics concepts and algorithms, e.g., BLAST, sequence alignment, phylogenetic trees, and sequence assembly
- You have experience performing statistical analyses of large microbial genomic datasets
- You are proficient with Bash, Python, and Git. R is a nice bonus
- You have expertise in next-generation sequencing from wet lab techniques to data analysis workflows
- You can communicate complex scientific concepts across a range of audiences and work effectively with others
- You are comfortable with a high degree of freedom and commensurate responsibility
- A PhD in microbiology, computational biology, molecular biology, bioinformatics or a related field with 2+ years of work experience