Our client is seeking a Life Science Director of Business Development – Central Lab Services for the Northern California/Pacific Northwest Area!
Our client is a leader in global clinical trial testing and medical diagnostic services. The CRO is experiencing rapid growth in revenue and workforce. The company provides services in molecular diagnostics, microbiology, pathology, pharmakinetics and more. They offer a competitive salary and bonus structure, home office and travel expenses as well providing excellent benefits. Our client prioritizes culture and professional development opportunities.
Reporting to the President, the Director, Business Development will be a strategic member of the Global Business Development team, working closely with Scientific Affairs, Logistics and Project Management teams to strategically support the company’s clients.
As a part of the Global Business Development team for Clinical Trials, the Director, Business Development (BDD)…
· Executes a strategic sales plan to support the growth of the company’s Clinical Trials business
· Acquire and retain high-value clients, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, device, and Clinical Research Organization (CRO) companies
· Responsible for achieving annual sales targets by maintaining a keen awareness of industry trends to target and acquire new biotech, pharma and CRO business opportunities and expanding relationships with current clients to maximize sales within defined territory
· Provide routine input on status, progress, and results into appropriate Client Relationship Management (CRM) platforms
· Drive sales to assigned accounts to meet company’s targets and growth objectives.
· Manage global/international opportunities with appropriate Sales partners at the company’s US or Europe operations.
· Act as a client advocate and provider of market and competitive information to direct and enable the company’s capability and process improvements.
· Develop and maintain in-depth relationships with client decision makers and influences.
· Develop effective client strategies to optimize sales results and overcome competition.
· Provide input and oversee the Proposal/Opportunity process, in concert with the Clinical Trials Proposals, Operations, and Scientific Affairs staff
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent tenure and experience within the central labs, laboratory or clinical trials required; an educational background in the sciences, or equivalent professional experience, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within sales, clinical trials management or drug development required; Mid-late stage is preferred (willing to consider early stage)
- Experienced user of SalesForce.com preferred
- Achieved revenue goals of 3MM plus
- Strong time management skills
- Analytical Thinker
- Demonstrated success in managing a regional territory
- Position will be remote-based, but candidate must live within the territory
- Ability to travel 25% within assigned territory and other company related trips.
Qualified Candidates, Please Send us your CV
Biotech Partners is one of the leading Life Sciences recruiting companies throughout the United States, placing qualified candidates with world-renowned organizations for over twelve years. Our recruiting consultants are experts in their markets and provide industry insights and interview coaching to their candidates throughout the engagement process.