Utilities Facilities Supervisor
OcyonBio is a partnership development and manufacturing organization focused on advancing gene and cell therapies.
OcyonBio provides dedicated autonomous manufacturing capacity with interconnected infrastructure and systems to support phased appropriate development for early development, pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial start. We behave more like a cGMP incubator space with all regulatory, systems capabilities, and resources to enable CMC data to support regulatory applications. Manufacturing and development spaces are designed to be autonomous while being interconnected to systems required to support clinical and commercial requirements.
Ocyonbio is an equal opportunity employer that guarantees a work environment that respects and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Leads and directs Utilities & Maintenance Technicians to effectively operate and monitor utility systems and manufacturing equipment. Chilled Water, HVAC, Compressed Air and other gases, Electrical and Emergency Generation Systems) following applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assures utility and manufacturing systems operate in compliance with regulatory requirements and meet operational parameters.
- Notifies, investigates, and reports Utilities Operations deviations following applicable plant quality procedures and implements immediate actions to solve abnormal conditions or deviations to the normal operations of Utilities Systems.
- Develops, implements, and maintains updated utility operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and assure utility operators’ training requirements are met to comply with regulatory and plant operations procedures.
- Evaluates existing and new utilities equipment and systems to establish spares parts to be maintained in the plant spare parts stockroom (plant stores) as stock items in coordination with the Maintenance Planning & CMMS Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisors, assure minimum inventories of spare parts are maintained for equipment repairs and routine operations and maintenance activities.
- Coordinates external maintenance services for routine and nonroutine maintenance and calibration activities.
- Supervises Facilities, Utilities, Instruments & Maintenance Technicians to assure compliance with productivity and quality standards related to the operation & Maintenance of utility equipment and machinery and proper operation and monitoring of the systems and ensures employees are instructed and trained in all training requirements including cGMP, EHS and maintenance plans and procedures.
- Reviews utility operations documentation for all systems to assure compliance with applicable procedures and that utility operations-related documentation complies with the current SOPs of Good Documentation Practices.
- Develops and maintains General Maintenance Plans for Utilities and Facilities equipment and systems and reviews and approves General Maintenance Plans for manufacturing-related equipment and systems.
- Reviews Utilities Operations metrics/statistics and direct and supervise resources to implement corrective actions to maintain maintenance performance at optimum performance levels.
- Supports Predictive, Preventive, and Corrective Maintenance activities.
- Coordinates and executes maintenance work orders within the established timeframe.
- BS Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering
- Five (5) years of experience in Facilities and Utilities Operations and Maintenance.
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience (interviewing, selecting personnel, managing performance appraisal, disciplinary actions, feedback/coaching/training, and development, etc.)
- Proven administrative and computer literacy ability
- Ability to analyze large databases and field observations to indicate weaknesses/ failures of equipment and systems.
- Excellent communications, analysis, organization, and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Spanish (verbal and written).
- Good presentation skills at a senior management level
- Knowledge and experience with data gathering and statistical evaluation of maintenance program performance and root cause analysis
- Capacity to interact effectively with people.
- Able to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to keep work pace and/or meet deadlines.
- Willing to work irregular hours, rotation shifts, weekends & holidays.
- Opportunity to be part of an early-stage startup entering a rapid growth phase.
- Competitive, industry-leading salary, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
The company is HQ in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. Not a remote job. Must be willing to be onsite at company HQ the majority of the time.
Biosimilr Sciences PR LLC00603, PR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.