Associate Operations Manager
- Posted: 7 days ago
Position Title: Associate Operations Manager
BIOQUAL was established in 1981 and performs contract research services focused on in vivo models of human diseases including COVID-19, AIDS, influenza, RSV infection, Flavivirus infections including Zika and Dengue, malaria, hepatitis, and cancer. BIOQUAL has laboratories and vivariums under both BSL-2 and BSL-3 containment. In addition, BIOQUAL maintains CDC-approved BSL-3 containment laboratories for studies associated with Select Agents including highly pathogenic avian influenza.
The Associate Operations Manager will support the Operations Manager in managing the veterinary technical staff, ensuring adequate performance of studies, training of personnel, compliance with SOP's, inventory and ordering, IACUC compliance, veterinary technical duties, and will interface with other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing personnel in the animal facility on daily basis and in absence of Operations Manager.
- Train staff as directed, both individually and in groups, maintaining proper documentation
- Visually inspect technical procedures being performed and all documentation by technical staff to determine the procedures are performed correctly and recorded completely and accurately
- Visually inspect animal care areas, for compliance with company SOPs and federal regulations
- Verify electronically stored data that is generated and stored in-house, including databases, clinical records, and shared file systems are accurate and up-to-date
- Oversee an inventory of technical and animal care supplies, helping to manage orders as needed
- Assist with facility inspection/visit preparation (ex: CDC, USDA, FDA, AAALAC, client visit, etc.)
- Interact with clients and PIs, internally and externally, as needed by the company and/or study
- Receive and oversee maintenance of the inventory of study materials and supplies from clients
- Perform veterinary technical duties as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- AALAS Certification at LATg level
- At least 3 years of laboratory experience
- 3 years management experience
BusinessView all jobs at Bioqual Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?