Associate Director, Downstream
- Posted: over a month ago
Bionova is a rapidly growing, biologics CDMO focused on developing and manufacturing recombinant protein products using mammalian cells. Our business success is built on bringing together top scientific talent, arming them with the best available tools, and setting them loose in an agile, energized culture focused on solving difficult client problems.
Because our success depends on our ability to exceed our clients’ expectations, we look for candidates with an innate desire to serve. Adaptability and an interest in transformative action are also common attributes among our team.
Bionova is seeking a motivated and innovative scientist looking to serve as an Associate Director in the Purification department. As part of the Purificaiton group, you will have opportunities to work on and take ownership of a wide-ranging set of projects for troubleshooting and investigations, system and workflow implementation, facility buildout, and tech transfers of processes into a GMP mulit-product manufacturing facility. The position will lead, train, supervise, and mentor the technical staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the team of scientists and engineers by mentoring a team of scientist and engineers.
- Supervise and guide team members in complex unit operations in equipment troubleshooting, pilot scale material generation, non-GMP tox material generation
- Makes strong technical, strategic contributions to cross functional development project teams.
- Develop and present project strategies, experimental set up, conclude experimental data and lead the discussion in internal and external projects.
- Oversee development and optimization of the processes as well as process transfers to and from client sites.
- Leads process trouble shooting and supports in equipment troubleshooting.
- Evaluate new technologies and innovations to improve operational efficiency or expand capabilities
- Project management and coordination of various high impact internal and external projects
- Author/review/approve technical documents such as process development reports, tech transfer protocols and reports, and regulatory filing documents per project needs
- BS, MS, or PhD in Biological Sciences or related disciplines with 10+ years for BS, 7+ years for MS and 5+ year for PhD of relevant research and/or industry experience.
- Numbers of years can be flexible depending on the potential of the candidate.
- Experience leading or managing people in direct reporting roles or in matrix organizations
- In-depth understanding of purification process is required.
- Experience in process development, process characterization and/or tech. transfer processes.
- Understanding of cGMP compliance as it pertains to procedures, processes, and manufacturing
Bionova Scientific LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Bionova Scientific LLC