Supply Chain Manager, Senior-level
- Posted: over a month ago
- Job Title: Supply Chain Manager, Senior-level
- Company Name: Biomerics NLE
- Location: Monroe, CT
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
Biomerics NLE is a leading provider of laser processing services and manufacturing of medical components and assemblies to a wide range of customers throughout the United States and internationally. The company develops and implements leading-edge part-specific manufacturing processes utilizing such high-tech manufacturing tools as rapid prototyping, automation, PLCs, robotics, and vision systems.
Biomerics NLE metals processing division offers the following laser processing capabilities: Laser Welding, Laser Cutting, Laser Drilling, Laser Marking, Laser Ablation, Electropolishing and Passivating. Our breadth of laser technology includes Nd:YAG, fiber, and femtosecond lasers. These laser technologies, combined with our expert knowledge in laser processing enable us to develop optimized manufacturing solutions. We laser process flat stock, metal tubes, plastic tubes, electrodes, bands, wire assemblies, and cannula assemblies. We also offer a full line of secondary processes including cleaning, passivation, heat setting, and electropolishing.
Job Description: This position will be responsible for the Supply Chain (materials management, sourcing, planning, purchasing, control, and distribution of materials and products) for BNLE. Additionally, the Sr Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for evaluating, drafting, and executing supply agreements with preferred vendors and strategic customers to facilitate long-term partnerships, improve costing, and mitigate stock-outs. Finally, the Sr Supply Chain Manager will effectively develop and coach their direct reports to support daily initiatives, align department objectives with the business strategy, engage the workforce with increased expectations and hold the workforce accountable for results
- Facilitate long term supply agreements with preferred vendors and strategic customers to improve the reliability of deliveries and increase BNLE's purchasing power
- Provide strategic supervision to the purchasing/buying, customer service, warehouse, inventory control, and planning functions.
- Develop commodity strategy to ensure the highest quality and world-class OTD from vendors
- Develop, implement, and maintain purchasing SOP to support both R&D and Operations
- Oversee the purchasing and/or contracting for materials, supplies, equipment, and services
- Implement physical inventory program (cycle count) and ensure physical to electronic inventory match at best-in-class standards
- Responsible for continuing programs of exploration for supplies, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, prices, and delivery
- Initiates LEAN Manufacturing practices by analyzing trend information and recommending areas of focus
- Review and monitor production variances (including material variances and time studies)
- Support the development and achievement of KPI's that deliver results for Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery.
- KPI's will encompass OTD, past dues, yield, cost of scrap, labor efficiency, safety, achieving 3rd Day sales target, etc.
- Develop, establish, and provide for the maintenance of reporting systems that relate to the supply chain functions
- Set standards and monitor staff performance, provide performance feedback, write and conduct appraisals, recommend merit increases and promotions, hold direct reports accountable to policies and performance throughout the year
- Ensure that the company standard practices and procedures, including those at end of day/week/month/life, are followed in connection with all supply chain department functions
- Responsible for the motivation and development of subordinates to optimize performance and their personal and professional growth
- Manage assigned projects, working cross-functionally to identify changes, and required resources to obtain objectives
- Assist employees in the creation and execution of development plans
- Coordinate with the Quality department on nonconforming material investigations and corrective actions for purchased items including credits and return authorizations
- Support design (NPD) projects with supplier selection and evaluation activities
- Provide input on supplier reevaluations
- Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years' Supply Chain experience in a manufacturing environment required
- 3-5 years' experience with ERP systems required
- 4+ years' experience managing direct reports
- Solid understanding of Planning and Purchasing methodologies (forecasts, safety stocks, replenishment strategies, inventory optimization, lead time reduction, Kanban, etc.)
- General understanding of Lean Management required
- Certified supply chain professional (CSCP)
- Quality system auditing experience
- Proficiency with data analytics (databases, MS Excel, and presentations) and MS Office
- Knowledge and experience of working with an ISO13485 Quality Management System.
- Demonstrated success in managing the workforce, conflict management, and working in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree required; Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher) preferred
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, AD&D Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation Days, Paid Holidays, 401k with Employer Match
Please, No Recruitment Agency calls or emails (we are not using recruitment services for this or any other role posted).
BusinessView all jobs at Biomerics