Microsoft 365 Administrator
Biomerics Salt Lake City, UT
- Posted: 3 days ago
Job Title: Microsoft 365 Administrator/Engineer
Company Name: Biomerics, LLC
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Position Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Director, IT/IS
Salary Range: $75K-$110K
COMPANY OVERVIEW:Biomerics is a world-class contract manufacturer for the interventional medical device market. As a vertically integrated company, we specialize in the design, development, and production of medical devices for the vascular access, electrophysiology, cardiac rhythm management, neurovascular, structural heart, and cardiovascular markets. Please explore our website for more information about our offerings and capabilities.
ABOUT BIOMERICS: Biomerics provides design and manufacturing services for the medical device market. Our capabilities include materials, extrusion, injection moldings, metals processing, advanced catheters, medical balloons, and medical device assembly. With over 1200 employees, Biomerics operates ISO-13485 compliant facilities in Minnesota, Utah, Texas, Indiana, Connecticut, and Costa Rica.
At Biomerics, we are dedicated to our employees, because we understand that a strong, skilled, happy workforce is the foundation of a successful business.
Biomerics is looking for a talented IT/IS professional to join our team. We are seeking a seasoned, senior Microsoft 365 Systems Administrator with multiple years of Microsoft 365, Azure and Windows Server administration. The Senior Systems Administrator role is accountable for the company's IT/IS software, hardware and other assets while focusing on providing incredible customer experiences and improving business value through risk mitigation, cost-efficiencies, and revenue impact.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the security, maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network services, virtualization services and other infrastructure services
- Accountable for the IT/IS services at the local site(s) - liaise with peer IT/IS operational teams and enterprise governance team to ensure services are delivered as per SLA, continuously optimizing service efficiency, and security/compliance tracking
- Ensure that each business unit are following defined IT/IS processes and policies as representative of IT/IS for the business units for the site, this role will consult with local site leadership teams regarding established IT/IS policies; outline and collaborate on known risks and to bring site specific needs to governance teams for enterprise value assessment.
- Provide support of application eco-systems from an integration perspective (IAM, SSO, API, Security) and foster operational support handled within the business.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage physical / virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to business and IT/IS staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT/IS infrastructure
- Perform and verify regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Responsible for systems capacity, storage planning, database performance and network bandwidth allocation
- Assess and maintain local operating costs, productivity levels, infrastructure lifecycle management, application repository management and other metrics by analyzing and monitoring system performance and overall IT/IS infrastructure performance indicators
- Responsible for data integrity through common Cybersecurity practices, such as, proper Identity and Access Management, ensuring Advanced Threat Protection is on all client/server devices and are up to date, vulnerability patching occurs per policy, focused user training, and continuously seeking improvement to current solutions and services
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Proven 3+ years of active network and system administration experience with Microsoft 365 security, Azure services and domain administration is required
- System administration and IT/IS certifications in Microsoft and/or other network related fields are required. ITIL Foundation certification is required or can be obtained within the first 120 days of employment
- Working knowledge of virtualization, HyperV/VMWare is required
- Strong knowledge of systems and network monitoring software, hardware, and networking protocols are needed
- Proven Experience with scripting and automation tools; be ready to share examples
- A proven track record of developing, leading, and implementing IT/IS projects, through common project methodologies
- Understanding of Manufacturing IT/IS technologies are needed
- Prior cloud infrastructure technology experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT/IS operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at Biomerics