Legal Office Assistant, Financial District
- Expired: October 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Legal Office Assistant
Job Type: Hourly/Full Time
Hours Per Week: 35-40 Hours Per Week
Hours/Shift: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Reports to: Principal Attorney
Summary Job Description
The Legal Assistant is responsible for helping the Principal Attorney coordinate communications with the court, clients, and support people as actions process toward trials and appeals. Independent completion of assigned responsibilities without the need for follow-up is an essential expectation. The ideal candidate should be able to foster operational efficiencies ranging from coordinating deadlines with clients to confirming court appearances while addressing scheduling conflicts one week in advance.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Directly assist Principal Attorney on all matters
- Answer phone calls and coordinating solutions
- Coordinate communication with the courts
- Manage all calendars and adhere to deadlines
- Maintain an updated client database
- Contribute toward daily office management and improved efficiencies, such as modifying templates
- Appreciate time management, prioritize firm & client deadlines, anticipate and address needs prior to deadlines
- Maintain open communication in partnership with attorneys and addressing client inquires and concerns
- Ensure the maintenance of all supply quantity levels
- Assist in trial preparation including trial notebook assembly
- Independently ensure efficient capture of expected billable hours and discuss billing with clients
- Flexibility with work responsibilities to achieve productive results
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Detail oriented
- Able to function and be flexible in high-stress demand environment to achieve required results
- Positive and effective disposition geared toward problem solving
- Confident and comfortable communication with firm members, clients, vendors, and courts
- Independent management of heavy case load with protective deadline achievements
- Strong command on Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Punctuality in work performance and attendance
- Medical, dental, and vision paid in full by the firm after 90 days of employment.
- 10 days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 40 hours of sick/safe pay
- 10 company paid holidays
Biolsi Law Group
111 BroadwayNew York, NY
Get fresh Part Time Legal Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.