Senior Product Manager - Clinical Diagnostics
- Posted: 25 days ago
Biological Dynamics, Inc. is a biotechnology company committed to improving global health outcomes by detecting disease in its earliest stages. Our proprietary Verita™ platform simplifies access to biomarkers, nanoparticles, and nucleic acids, enabling differentiated multiomics applications. We are applying our proprietary methods with machine learning to detect several diseases, including early-stage cancer, tuberculosis, and Alzheimer’s disease. For more information, please visit www.biologicaldynamics.com and follow us at @BiodynSD on Twitter.
Our talented staff thrives in an open working environment where curiosity, insights and vision are part of the equation. With an inclusive, family-friendly culture and comprehensive benefits package, we offer a terrific opportunity to discover, learn and grow. If you are ready to be inspired, challenged, and want to join a dynamic team where you can contribute to the next exciting breakthrough, we are the company for you.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for executing on strategic roadmap(s) designed to bring Biological Dynamics lab developed tests (LDTs) to market. The Product Manager works collaboratively within the commercial operations organization and with cross-functional departments to ensure downstream marketing activities related to new LDT development, LDT launches, commercialization, and forecasting are all realized. This role is accountable for establishing, developing, and executing annual marketing plans, and planning, coordinating, and executing the launch of new LDTs to achieve business performance goals.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain an up-to-date competitive intelligence database
- Provide management and board level updates on markets and competitors
- Keeps a strong pulse on the market by attending trade shows, VIP events, and labs.
- Interview customers and synthesize voice of customer information into actionable insights
- Develop documentation supporting product development including target product profiles and customer requirements
- Manage and facilitate competitive product assessments for features, performance, technical merit, cost and business value.
- Provides subject matter expertise for assigned product lines supporting Sales and customer product training as well as clinical support.
- Provides guidance in key sales situations for the product.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May oversee the activities of others.
- Responsible for compliance with all company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for compliance with quality procedures and all regulatory requirements.
- Consistently exhibit respect and build trust through openness, collaboration, and support of one another.
- Operate with humbleness, integrity, honesty, and transparency.
- Demonstrate inclusivity, ongoing communication, and a positive outlook with both internal and external team members and customers.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, or at least 6 years of experience and a Masters degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred 3+ years’ experience in Product Marketing, Product Management in Medical Diagnostics industry.
- Experience launching Lab Developed Tests from a CLIA/CAP accredited lab preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with a strong ability to write business reports and correspondence as well as the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and management of organization.
- Strong analytical capabilities with an ability to solve complex business issues.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Must be able to understand job duties and responsibilities, have the necessary skills/knowledge, and be willing and able to continue learning and growing within the field.
- Must be nimble and comfortable with rapidly changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Must be skilled at managing a significant workload and obtaining successful results, taking on additional responsibility and managing priorities as needed.
- Must be proactive and effective in achieving solutions and using data to achieve results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce accurate, punctual reports/information, as required, and thoroughly share information with others. Must be able to read, write and speak effectively.
- Exceptional listening skills with the ability to seek constructive feedback, build relationships, promote teamwork, and remain flexible, humble, and open-minded.
- Capable of following realistic plans, goal setting, resource management, contingency planning, coordinating, and cooperating with others.
- Capable of working thoughtfully under pressure and in a timely manner.
- Must be comfortable and capable of performing the job within the physical requirements and conditions necessary for the role
May be required to travel up to 15% of the time.
Will be exposed to company private information which must not be divulged.
The health and well-being of our employees is of utmost importance. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Biological Dynamics may require proof of COVID vaccination in accordance with local statutory requirements (subject to limited exceptions).
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Diego, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Biological Dynamics
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?