Research Associate II, Assay Development
Biological Dynamics San Diego, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Biological Dynamics, Inc. is a healthcare company committed to improving global health outcomes by detecting diseases at their earliest stages. The company's proprietary platform simplifies access to native-state biomarkers and nanoparticles, enabling differentiated multiomics applications. The company is applying its platform technology along with machine learning to detect cancers in blood. For more information, please visit www.biologicaldynamics.com and follow us at @BiodynSD on Twitter.
Our talented staff thrives in an open working environment where curiosity, insights and vision are part of the equation. With an inclusive, family-friendly culture and comprehensive benefits package, we offer a terrific opportunity to discover, learn and grow. If you are ready to be inspired, challenged, and want to join a dynamic team where you can contribute to the next exciting breakthrough, we are the company for you.
As part of Biological Dynamic's commitment to developing and launching cutting edge blood-based tests for detection of cancer, infectious disease, and neuropathology, we are growing the Assay Development team. This Research Associate II, Assay Development, is a key open role on the team. This is a hands‐on role, requiring an individual capable of conducting and interpreting assay development-based studies utilizing our proprietary detection technology. This individual will exhibit expertise in assay development in a biotech setting, excellent cross-functional communication skills, a goal-oriented mentality, and a strong sense of ownership of their work and results.
Essential Job Duties
- Execute industry-standard (e.g.,Luminex) and internally-developed biochemical assays.
- Directly perform and analyze assay development experiments, making use of immunochemistry, fluorescence/luminescence-based detection systems, statistical analysis, and other methods/tools.
- Effectively troubleshoot workflows and experiments on a proactive basis, taking ownership of results, interpretations, and next steps.
- Partner effectively with other members of the Assay Development team as well as Research, Product Development, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and other teams in support of project objectives.
- Author QMS-compliant protocols and reports.
- Generate high-quality reports and slide decks on experiments and tests performed. Effectively communicate experimental findings at internal company meetings and in other formats as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or a closely related field, with a minimum 2 years of industry experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience in these disciplines.
- Experience in the development of biochemical assays.
- Experience using statistical analysis and software (e.g., JMP) for experimental decision making.
- Expertise in fluorescence-based detection methodologies.
- Experience with analytical study design and execution to support development-level studies (e.g., optimization, DOEs, process control, ANOVA, MSA, etc).
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to determine methods and to troubleshoot.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience writing QMS-compliant technical documentation highly preferred.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Diego, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Biological Dynamics