Administrative Assistant I
We are hiring Administrative Assistant I for one of our clients in Philadelphia, PA.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of administrative functions supporting management-level, or executive-level, personnel; prepares correspondence; maintains departmental records and filing systems; completes or coordinates special projects; assigned work is generally less complex than that of Administrative Assistant II; performs related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains calendars, sets appointments; maintains reports, schedules and takes minutes of meetings;
- Completes requisitions, and processes invoices for payment after approval;
- Maintains reports, prepares letters, memos, and correspondence for the department;
- Maintains departmental file system;
- Receives and distributes incoming mail;
- Disseminates information and routes incoming calls to appropriate point of contact; follows up to insure timely completion of delegated assignments;
- Works on special projects as assigned; may perform back-up duties for other positions within the work group to ensure continuity of operations;
- Maintains and enforces all aspects of security and confidentiality of records and information;
- May represent supervisor at meetings; AND
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- PHA organization, operations, policies and procedures; HR Manual and Employee Handbook.
- HUD Regulations; Standard Operating Procedures.
- Principles and practices of office administrations.
- General office practices, equipment, and computer software.
- Records management principles; departmental records, reports, and documentation.
- Business English, spelling, punctuation, and mathematics.
- Telephone etiquette and customer service protocol.
Required Skill in:
- Coordinating and performing a variety of professional administrative functions.
- Providing skilled secretarial support to management-level personnel.
- Preparing correspondence, agendas, and various types of documents.
- Maintaining departmental records and filing systems.
- Answering incoming calls and responding to public inquiries.
- Working under pressure of deadlines, and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, and the general public.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Education, Training and Experience Guidelines: High School Diploma, or GED, AND three (3) years administrative support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Completion of formal post high-school education and training preferred.
License and certification requirements:
- Possession of a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Driver's License may be required.
- 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work is typically performed in a standard office environment. 1 hour lunch break 100% on-site role.
- Candidate's current location should be mentioned on resume.
We are specialized in recruiting and deliver the best professional talent of industry and we are committed to deliver best experience for our clients and job seekers. With over two decades of experience in the recruitment industry, we proudly help you to find the next job that matches your professional skills. Our team understands your needs or requirement before starting the recruitment, that enables to find the high quality of talent with high success rate of talent delivery, keeps us continue to be the best in the industry.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.