- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are hiring Accountant for one of our clients in Trenton, NJ.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Temporary Accountant is responsible for maintaining the Trustee fees account; assists the Controller with various other day-to-day accounting related assignments and performs other special assignments, as requested.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Review and transmit billings of trustees' annual administrative fees, escrow agent fees and paying agent and registrar fees to client institutions for payment and prepare appropriate journal entries;
- Process the receipt of trustees' annual administrative fees, escrow agent fees and paying agent and registrar fees from client institutions; prepare checks for payment to trustees' and prepare appropriate journal entries;
- Participate in generating invoices for the Authority's semi-annual fee billings; provide assistance with follow-up on delinquent payments;
- Provide assistance as required to Division and other Authority personnel on related operational issues;
- Assist the Controller in preparing and generating Requests for Proposal (RFP's) for financial printing services; evaluate responses to the RFP; review invoices for financial printing services and distribute to appropriate parties for payment;
- Offer recommendations to enhance accounting and other operational procedures;
- From quarterly Deputy Attorney General invoices, prepare and maintain hourly information by DAG, by matter name and by quarter;
- Prepare accounts payable voucher forms for invoices received in connection with the Authority's general operating account; inputting of monthly accounting work into the accounting software package; assist the Controller in preparation of invoices and memos for review and approval by appropriate parties;
- Maintain records relating to the OPEB Trust, including financial statements; coordinate required actuarial studies;
- Review invoices for Bond Counsel and distribute to appropriate parties for payment;
- Assist in preparing the semi-annual and year-end audit worksheets for the trustee-held accounts;
- Maintain five-year annual fee projections based on the declining balances of outstanding Authority bond/note/lease issues;
- Retain copies and spreadsheets of C. 51/EO 117 and C. 271 forms collected from Trustees, Managers, and Co-Managers for each bond issue;
- Prepare checks for payment to trustees' for principal and interest and to vendors for escrow payments when necessary and prepare appropriate journal -entries; initiate wire transfers to and from NJ Cash Management escrow accounts; maintain principal and interest.
- Prepare monthly principal and interest invoices in connection with the Authority's Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) loan program. Process the receipt of the principal and interest payments from the FQHC's, prepare appropriate journal entries, initiate wire transfer of payment received to the FQHC New Jersey Cash Management Account.
- Act as the Fiscal Agent for direct loans to FQHC's and other special project loans as well as the post-retirement health care benefit trust;
- Prepare and distribute monthly budget reports;
- Record all revenues and expenses of the operating fund; post assets, liabilities, and expense accounts to the general ledger;
- Prepare quarterly listing of all Authority bond/note/lease issues outstanding, including principal amount retired and outstanding;
- Prepare all checks for payment of Authority expenditures;
- Coordinate contract bidding for general purchases and/or special professional services; prepare and generate Requests for Proposal (RFP's) for financial printing services; evaluate responses to RFP's and offer recommendations;
- Review and audit all invoices submitted for legal services rendered; ensure compliance with previously approved fee schedules; maintain records detailing legal charges and expenses;
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of general or special accounting principles and related application; as well as the financial markets;
- Ability to prepare complex mathematical computations and to compile same accurately and with reasonable speed;
- Ability to use various accounting software programs (preferably Microsoft Dynamics SL).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application, with emphasis on Word and Excel;
- Ability to communicate and personally interact effectively with associates, client borrowers and trustee bank personnel.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree in accounting or other related studies;
- A minimum of two years accounting experience or equivalent study.
- 8:30 4:30, 7 hr. work day, 3 days per week
- Lunch Hours - 1 hour
- THIS WILL BE PART TIME.
- WE ASK THAT THE CLP BE AVAILABLE DURING THOSE TIMES, HOWEVER ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE AS NEEDED
We are specialized in recruiting and deliver the best professional talent of industry and we are committed to deliver best experience for our clients and job seekers. With over two decades of experience in the recruitment industry, we proudly help you to find the next job that matches your professional skills. Our team understands your needs or requirement before starting the recruitment, that enables to find the high quality of talent with high success rate of talent delivery, keeps us continue to be the best in the industry.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Biogensys
Get fresh Client Accounting jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.