Associate Director, Global Capital & Engineering Services Procurement Leader
Biogen Triangle Township, NC
- Expired: July 24, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
About This Role
The working leader will build an organization and team to support growing manufacturing equipment, construction, engineering services needs at Biogen’s manufacturing locations with annual spend estimated >$500-$700M. This leader will provide vision and direction to the sourcing team, engineering team, and business leaders by understand needs and conduct first time strategic category management and strategic sourcing to build an agile and robust sourcing model which is compliant with procurement policy.
The individual will lead Continuous Improvement initiatives in collaboration with business partners to build lean process, tools, and streamline approach to meet business needs. The role reports to the Senior Director, Global Supply Chain Categories and will have 1 direct report. Role will be based at Biogen’s RTP, NC location, Cambridge, MA is an option. Leadership responsibilities include:
- Strategic Category Management and strategic sourcing strategies build for:
o Manufacturing Process Equipment & ancillary services
o Manufacturing Facilities Construction & Engineering services
o Technical Consulting
- Leads Global Engineering Sourcing Council with business partners/leaders to conduct 12-24 month planning, sourcing decisions alignment and endorsement, and build business cases for key business decisions MvB decisions
- Lead and manage major capital sourcing projects
- Support globalization of processes to drive efficiency, leverage, and savings
- Lead cross-functional teams to build and execute strategic category management and sourcing strategies
- Partners with stakeholders and builds supplier relationships business value and savings
- Continually improves category strategies by monitoring market and manage changes pending market conditions and risk management
- Support build of AOP
- Develops, implements, executes sourcing strategies
- Negotiate and execute contracts and build appropriate negotiations and contracting strategies
- Develops strategy for Sourcing Playbook for subcategories, this may include catalogs, guided buying, and strategic and preferred supplier list and rate cards model
- Ensures efficiency of events through appropriate use of RFx, contracting, and champions ongoing continuous improvement
- Partners with category analysts and procurement operations to execute category strategy/plan to maximize business value
- Responsible and mentors for executing supplier evaluations including understanding capabilities and risk prior to and during the relationship
Supplier Management and Stakeholder Management:
- Responsible for supplier management activities, ensuring the appropriate level of oversight, direction and development based on the defined criteria
- Build supplier relationship management programs, in partnership with business, for key suppliers
- Manage stakeholders/business partners by providing guidance/direction for sourcing, addressing conflicts, and managing communications at all levels
+10 years of engineering and procurement experience required; including people management experience.
o Experience with contract negotiations and execution (7 years+)
o Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects concurrently (7 years+)
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills with ability to build effective relationships and influence peers and key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational and leadership skills
- Communicates and influences effectively, with the ability to motivate and influence others inside and outside of own function
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity effectively
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task in a flexible, fast-paced and challenging environment
- Process and cost improvement skills
- C.P.M./CPSM certification desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required; advanced/graduate degree preferred.
At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. One of the world’s first global biotechnology companies, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is focused on advancing neuroscience research programs in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, MS and neuroimmunology, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, acute neurology, neurocognitive disorders, pain, and ophthalmology. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
Global Business Services
The Global Business Services (GBS) team is a newly formed organization established to transform Biogen’s business processes to set a platform to scale global operations, fuel commercial growth and the innovation pipeline. Further, GBS will provide further value by developing and delivering a suite of business solutions and support services that are valued by internal customers. GBS will deliver services by leveraging a global delivery model, operational transparency and metrics, leveraging global best practices, and a service-oriented process improvement culture. All solutions will be supported by strong business cases and ultimately monitored for the effectiveness and efficiency against benchmarks and service level agreements.
The working leader will build an organization and team to support growing manufacturing equipment, construction, engineering services needs at Biogen’s manufacturing locations with annual spend estimated >$500-$700M.
AddressTriangle Township, NC
BusinessView all jobs at Biogen