OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Biodesix is accepting resumes for a Laboratory Technician to process molecular and proteomic Laboratory Developed Tests (LDT’s) from blood based specimens. Laboratory Technicians must have the technical training and experience required to perform regulated clinical laboratory testing, including sample accessioning and processing using standard in-vitro laboratory techniques which include DNA and RNA extraction from whole blood, ddPCR (digital droplet PCR), Mass Spectrometry for proteomic testing and to operate a proprietary LIMS. The position also works closely with the Development and Operations management team, the Laboratory Directors, as well as cross-functional team members in Customer Service, Quality and other departments as needed. Ongoing training will be provided to supplement key skills required to perform the functions of this position as applicable.
• Completes training and Competency Assessment for all new and existing procedures.
• Receives and accessions test samples.
• Performs routine testing of samples according to established SOP.
• Enters appropriate data into LIMS and Billing systems.
• Uploads appropriate data to the Customer Service team.
• Contributes to the overall maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies following SOP’s.
• Contributes to the Internal Audit readiness through good documentation practices.
• Performs all job functions in accordance with HIPAA.
• Contributes to Development projects, as needed.
• Communicates effectively with on-site and remotely located management/support teams.
• Works independently and has exceptional written and verbal skills.
• Takes responsibility for completing continuing education requirements set by applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies.
COMPETENCY OR POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent attention to detail with a strong commitment to thoroughness and error-free execution of procedures.
• Exceptional organizational and documentation skills.
• Outstanding technical laboratory skills. Knowledge of lab safety.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Ability to work well in a team environment with strong work ethic.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
• OR equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined by CLIA.
* Other duties as assigned