Location: Rosemont, IL
*Must have experience reading and interpreting EKG's
Overall Job Summary:
The Holter Technician is a certified experienced technician responsible for providing technical analysis of ECG data and generating holter reports for physicians.
- Identify irregularities in patient cardiac rhythm and utilize knowledge of cardiac rhythms to verify the data that is provided by the holter scanning software
- Analyze information in patient diary to identify incidents that correspond to health pattern irregularities detected on heart monitor
- Perform analysis of ECG data from holter monitor to create report
- Evaluate scan for MD notification criteria
- Notify QA staff when scan is complete to allow for report to be quality checked and posted.
- Assist clinical administration team with clinical questions from accounts/customers and calling of notifications as needed
- Follow all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
Education: High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Relevant Work Experience: 6 months of related experience preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: CRAT/CCT certification or RN or Paramedic/EMT with current ACLS
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge/Abilities –Technical Skills: Proficiency using a computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); comfortable using telephone and computer to perform job responsibilities
- Communication Skills (Verbal/Written): Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service: Demonstrate strong customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to follow special instructions requested by clients
- Other: Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy; ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
EEO/AAP - Biotelemetry provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to cover or contain a complete listing of all duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.