Assists in all tasks associated with the production of Non-Marek's poultry vaccines as outlined in the departmental procedures,
which may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing all processes in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures; utilizes sterile technique at all times; active knowledge of working under laminar flow hoods and HEPA filtered environment
- Communicates any occurrence to team leader and/or supervisor immediately
- Responsible for keeping the lab area clean, sterile and in compliance at all times
- Several individual monthly responsibilities are assigned. Individual must ensure these activities are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Works well independently and within a team environment
- Works cooperatively to train with the line leaders, team leaders and supervisor - training is vital to performance and should be considered a priority.
- Must be able to accurately measure liquid volume, convert units of measure and perform moderately complex calculations
- Communicates well with fellow team members regarding daily tasks. Always is prepared for day ahead.
- Maintains accurate and timely manufacturing records, this includes all paperwork and files.
- Actively promotes safety and awareness in the lab, always acting in occurrence with safety practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
**May not own or have contact with other birds or poultry.**
Must be a team player.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and carry it a distance of 10 ft.
- Must be able to squat, bend, and stoop, as well as twisting and turning.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity are important.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time and work in a sterile production environment.
- Must be flexible with availability (able to work overtime as needed on short notice). This position requires some weekend work.
- Regular attendance is a must.
- Ability to think ahead to next task.
- Ability to work well under time constraints.
Schedule begins daily at 8am, work typically wraps up between 430-530pm. Must be avaialble to stay until cycle is completed for the day.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- B.S. in Biology or science related field from an accredited institution preferred.
- Previous clean room laboratory experience preferred.