This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
We are looking for a Lab Services Representative (40 hours per week) in our Elmwood Park location.
Schedule: Monday - Wednesday & Friday 9:30am-6:00pm; Saturday 9:00am-5:30pm
The Lab Services Representative serves as a liaison between several Bio Reference branches, the laboratory, and its customers in response to inquiries and problems. The representative researches, troubleshoots and resolves customer problems. The LSR performs a wide variety of administrative/clerical duties (i.e., data entry).
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Communicate issues with specimen submission clearly, accurately and effectively to laboratory clients.
- Serve as a resource to clients regarding test requirements, specimen submission and other laboratory policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills when obtaining required requisition or specimen information that has not been provided.
- Handle all customer service inquires received by telephone, fax or email regarding reporting of patient results, inquiries of tests and services, concerns of service failures and other duties to provide superior service.
- Document reporting or call history in required format and maintain complete and accurate records.
- Research each problem prior to calling the client for resolution to ensure that the error was not made internally.
- During resolution of problems, the LSR is responsible for educating our internal/external clients on future submission and changes in collections.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Must be able to type 40-45 WPM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
- Strong ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment required
- Good eye for detail
- Familiar with specimen types, test requests and medical terminology.
- Clinical laboratory, phlebotomy, and/or medical assistant experience
- Long periods of sitting
- Lifting up to 20 lbs
Req Number: BRL-20-6655
Location: ELMWOOD PARK , NJ 07407