As one of the largest and most respected specialty pharmacies, BioPlus creates a meaningful difference to our patients, prescribers, payers, and pharmaceutical partners.
Our 2 - Hour Patient Acceptance Guarantee gives a quick response to prescribers and patients for critical, time - sensitive treatments. As we continue to grow, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help us continue to be the innovative leader in our industry, this is your chance to join our team.Job Description
Responsible for provision of all facets of pharmaceutical care related to patients/consumers of the pharmacy services.
- Safely and correctly supervise and dispense medications and medications used for infusions in the home, outpatient clinics, skilled nursing facilities and physician/clinic environments.
- Initiate medication therapies with successful on-going evaluation of care and completion of required documentation relative to processing therapies, both fiscal and legal.
- Responsible for understanding of, compliance with and participation in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement and accreditation guidelines ensuring achievement of excellence in quality patient care.
- Assist with the referral process including but not limited to; provision of medical information to patients and care givers relative to home infusion therapy; assistance in the teaching of patients prior to discharge to home; and coordination of deliveries with nursing and support services.
- Be actively involved in the education and in servicing of licensed health care professionals who perform services relative to the therapies provided by the pharmacy.
- Act as pharmacist in charge while on duty.
- Maintain working knowledge of all equipment and supplies necessary to administer therapies in the home or outpatient setting.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to all BioPlus Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in inventory control, ordering, warehouse organization, packing/shipping, equipment maintenance and hazardous waste control.
- Responsible for emergency on-call duties on weekends and weeknights as required by center scheduling.
- Learn and utilize all computer programs necessary for the successful review, authorization, preparation, dispensing and management of the pharmacy patients.
- Remain familiar with literature, references and resources for therapies and care of patients serviced by the pharmacy.
- Participate and perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Participate in Quality and Performance Improvement.
- Participate in review of Safe Medication Practices.
- Knowledge of standard medical terminology
- Demonstrate clinical competence on an ongoing basis.
- Meet any continuing education requirements of the company’s clinical program, as defined within the company’s policy and procedures
- Ability to stay abreast of developments in the field of specialty infusion, injectable, and oral therapies
- Ability to handle challenging situations in a professional and proficient manner utilizing available resources and critical thinking skills
- Must be flexible with work schedule and emergency call duty.
- Teaching experience with nurses and clients preferred
- Ability to learn quickly, solve problems, and make decisions that promote a positive impact on patient care and internal pharmacy operations.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of MS Office software, which includes Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrate the BioPlus C.A.R.T. values;
- Must be a currently licensed registered pharmacist with the Department of Professional Regulations and State Board of Pharmacy. Pharm. D. Preferred.
- Two years’ experience in pharmacy community health services or specialty pharmacy that includes responsible experience in patient clinical management is preferred but not required.
- Pharmacy licensure in state of operations. Multiple state licenses preferred.
- Clinical expertise in Specialty Therapies.
- Certification in Specialty Pharmacy preferred.
- Must complete 15 CEUs yearly. At least 10 annual CEU's will be required to be dedicated to supporting our core therapies and the remaining 5 can be used to address mandatory requirements within the support of specific state requirements
Responsibilities may include handling hazardous drugs and materials. Adverse health effects from hazardous drug exposure may include skin disorders, reproductive disorders and possibly cancer. Additional information is available at: www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/hazdrug.
BioPlus offers competitive compensation packages including health care, 401(k), growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
BioPlus is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy