Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for an Accounting Manager to work for a Greater Los Angeles area contract manufacturing company.
The key functions of this role will include but are not limited to: managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department team; working closely with the Controller to provide accurate and timely financial statements; maintaining, revising and establishing departmental policies and processes/procedures that ensure the accurate and timely reporting of financial data as well as enhance the workflow of the department.
- Work closely with the Controller and senior management to provide accurate job costing information.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Execute bi-weekly payroll (ADP experience preferred).
- Primary back-up for Sales Order Entry Coordinator.
- Assist with monthly and yearly accounting close.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, annual audits.
- Assist with additional accounting projects as directed by the Controller.
- Coach, mentor, train and supervise the Accounting Department which includes: Shipping/Billing Coordinator; Sales Order Coordinator; Accounts Payable Specialist, to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure and ERP system.
- Develop, maintain and implement current and new procedures and processes to enhance the workflow of the accounting department.
- Collaborate with department managers to support overall company goals, core values and objectives.
- Maintain, revise and establish policies, processes and procedures that ensure financial data is reported accurately and timely.
- Audit the General Ledger to ensure accurate financial statements.
- Communicate with customers to ensure honest and prompt resolutions to escalated issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a business related field OR the equivalent of related business experience.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles including: A/R, A/P, Accruals and G/L.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- 7+ years of department and team management experience.
- 7+ years of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable experience as well as general office management.
- 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Extremely detail oriented with strong analytical and reasoning abilities and superior numeric skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and complete tasks timely and accurately.
- Ability to forge strong, trusting and collaborative relationships.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and decision making ability.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to resolve employee complaints, problems and conflicts.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
Please send resumes to email@example.com and visit our website at www.biophaseinc.com for additional job opportunities!!!
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at BioPhase Solutions
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?