Business Unit Manager/Sr. Business Unit Manager
- Expired: August 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Developers of cell and gene therapies are increasingly reliant on high efficiency, rapid, and scalable cell selection technologies to produce these revolutionary medicines. BioMagnetic Solutions, a Gamma Biosciences company, is an innovative and quickly growing life sciences tools and reagents company backed by industry veterans, focused on providing clinical grade ferrofluid-based cell selection technologies to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and academic markets around the world.
BioMagnetic Solutions seeks a confident, decisive, and action-oriented Business Unit Manager to play a key role in fulfilling our mission of accelerating the development and deployment of life-saving medicines. You will lead a team of dynamic commercial leaders, industry veterans, and passionate technologists to bring the BioMagnetic Solutions vision to life.
This position will focus on developing near and long-term strategies defining BioMagnetic Solutions' role as a key provider of cell selection technologies from research to clinical manufacturing. This role will have overall responsibility for achieving key business milestones, including market development, commercial and financial deliverables for the business, with full P&L oversight.
You will lead a growing team of marketing, commercial, and operational professionals in a planned new, state of the art cGMP manufacturing facility to deliver product, commercial, operational, and financial goals of the business. Your efforts will contribute to accelerating product adoption while also ensuring continued profitable growth of the business. The Business Unit Manager will directly impact the future of the business, furthering BioMagnetic Solutions' reputation in the market. The Business Unit Manager must be a passionate and insightful leader that can drive a high-performing team.
Priority will be given to candidates willing to relocate to State College, PA, a vibrant college town with lots of opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts, access to cultural and sporting events, and proximity to a variety of urban centers. However, we encourage all applicants as remote working options will be considered for the right candidate. The position requires travel up to 50% of the time to the State College office, conferences, and customer sites. The role will have considerable interactions with the parent company, Gamma Biosciences.
• Has full ownership of setting strategic direction, leading business operations, branding, and driving product portfolio growth, as well as setting the course to assure commercial success and customer engagement.
• Develop clear strategies to achieve business growth.
• Establish and maintain a system of key performance indicators (KPI) and improvement metrics to ensure achievement of business unit revenue and growth objectives.
• Lead a multidisciplinary team of functional leaders to deliver a world class customer experience and exceed the portfolio's revenue and growth objectives.
• Work closely with Gamma Biosciences leaders to build a compelling narrative of the cell selection and cell engineering capabilities enabled by the BioMagnetic Solutions technology.
• Build and maintain a network of key opinion leader relationships to unearth new opportunities for growth.
• Drive a growth oriented and entrepreneurial culture built upon excellence, teamwork, and empowerment to unleash maximum opportunity for market participation.
• Work collectively with Gamma Biosciences functions to drive product portfolio growth, commercial success, and assure clear and consistent communication of all business activities.
• Lead our NPI pipeline by focusing on the identification of our customer's scientific and operational needs and translating those needs directly into product forecasts, marketing priorities with input into product specifications.
• Support partnering and co-development efforts with 3rd parties to accelerate product adoption while also ensuring continued profitable growth of the business.
• Define pricing strategy to ensure pricing is appropriate and is delivering margin/revenue goals.
• Develop compelling marketing content, product messaging and positioning, and sales training modules for the commercial organization. Coordinate company's marketing activities, partnering cohesively with sales and marketing collaborators to ensure appropriate scientific content/messaging and/or training is available to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Oversee the gathering of market and competitor intelligence, financial analysis, competitive research, customer insight programs, and monitor media and events to gain a strong understanding of the market landscape.
• Develop the product roadmap and go-to-market strategy for cell selection products, including market outlook, market segmentation, competitive assessment opportunity prioritization, and product life cycle maintenance.
• Develop strategies to achieve commercial results through establishing new markets for the company.
• Establish a system of KPI's and improvement metrics to ensure achievement of business unit revenue and growth objectives.
• Build key customer relationships to understand their business needs, objectives and identify strategic business opportunities.
• Fully understand and segment the defined markets to develop targeted commercial strategies.
• BS or MS degree with 10+ years' expertise in the life science industry. PhD/MD/MBA preferred
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in a product management, product marketing, or business development leadership role, within a life sciences tools company, ideally supporting reagents and consumables
• Strong, charismatic leadership with financial, strategic, scientific and business development skills, coupled with the ability to work with global and remote teams
• Self-starting strategic thinker with a demonstrated track record of success in the sector or closely adjacent field
• Intellectually curious; able to assimilate a broad base of information to quickly understand customer needs and match those to opportunities and internal capabilities
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally throughout an organization, leveraging soft skills to communicate and lead through influence
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving, resolution skills and a team focus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to senior management, customers, and employees
• Confidence, decisiveness, and action orientation
BioMagnetic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training. BioMagnetic Solutions makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Accommodation Statement BioMagnetic Solutions is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in the hiring process, including but not limited to those with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
BioMagnetic Solutions LLC
AddressState College, PA
Get fresh Business Unit Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.