- Posted: 7 hours ago
BioLife Solutions is repeatedly named one of Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, a list curated by Seattle Business Magazine. We welcome you to apply to join our dynamic, high-energy team. Here you will find a performance-based, family-oriented environment where authentic communication and treating colleagues with respect are required. Our employees receive a competitive benefits package, which includes generous company stock awards and a 401k matching program.
BioLife Solutions is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of class-defining cell and gene therapy bioproduction tools and services. Our solutions facilitate basic and applied research and commercialization of new therapies by maintaining the health of biologic source material and finished products during manufacturing, storage, and distribution. Our solutions offer commercial companies and clinical researchers significant improvement in shelf life and post-preservation viability and function of biologic materials. Our tools portfolio includes our proprietary, serum-free and protein-free, fully defined CryoStor® freeze media and HypoThermosol® shipping and storage media, ThawSTAR® family of automated, water-free thawing products, evo® cold chain management system, and Custom Biogenic Systems high-capacity storage freezers. Services include SciSafe biologic and pharmaceutical materials storage. For more information, please visit: www.biolifesolutions.com
General Summary and Purpose:
The Facilities Technician I is a core team member of the Operations Team. This position is responsible for ensuring that facilities projects are performed and maintained, as assigned and detailed by the Facilities Manager. Facilities Technicians perform routine maintenance on equipment, cleaning of facilities, on-call emergency services, and are responsible for assisting with client shipments/receipts as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with inbound and outbound workflow (shipments, receipts, client deliveries, equipment transports)
- Experienced in written and verbal communications and able to follow company defined standard operating procedures.
- Handle product/equipment movement throughout all New Jersey facilities.
- Collaborate with other departments on client shipping and receiving when required.
- Assist with inventory transfers during equipment maintenance and failures with the ability to communicate with operations team for any required documentation, assistance, or problem resolution.
- Check, monitor and record temperature and perform root cause analysis of deviations and implement a resolution or initiate a service request when necessary.
- Respond to temperature alarms, equipment breakdowns and emergencies, perform analysis of issues and determine plan of action to resolve or communicate need for service.
- Perform safety/hazard material training as required and adhere to safe practices and OSHA requirements for work being performed.
- Assist with an initiate building, infrastructure, and equipment improvements or repairs.
- Perform inventory on client product along with detailing locations when required.
- Be an active part of the on-call rotation for covering after hours or weekend response to equipment or facilities issues.
- Responsible for following Maintenance Department procedures such as inventory handling and preventative maintenance.
- Carry out other duties/projects as assigned by Facilities Manager.
- Flexible team player who can change directions quickly and respond to a variety of Facilities needs.
Other Duties :Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position reports to the Facilities Maintenance Manager in Cranbury NJ.
- Strong attention to detail, highly proactive, well-organized, and experience multitasking and meeting deadlines
- Experience in a team environment
- Ability to perform procedural work routines and operate specialized warehouse equipment
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions; keen attention to detail to question and identify problems that should arise
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with others, including clients and vendors
- Punctual, dependable, and trustworthy
- Physical workload and needs to be able to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to stand and move around for extended periods of time
- Warehouse, inventory, or logistics experience
- Product movement equipment experience or certification (forklift, reach truck, electric pallet jack, manual pallet jack, scissor lift)
- High school diploma required
- 2 years’ experience in a maintenance, warehouse, or logistics environment.
- Experience in the handling and safety of biohazardous materials preferred. Basic knowledge of maintenance, construction, or facilities experience
BioLife Solutions provides a substance-free workplace, and all offers of employment will be contingent on opiate drug test and background check.
BioLife Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Real EstateView all jobs at BioLife Solutions
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?