- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: Facility Security & Export Control
This position combines two Compliance Areas: Export Control and Facility Security. The Export Control Compliance program has the primary responsibility of ensuring all employees of BioFire Defense (BFDf) abide by the federal regulations governing the export of sensitive technology, equipment, and/or information to foreign nationals for varied reasons, the most important being to protect the national security and foreign policy interests of the United States.
Responsible for supporting corporate and government security policies and procedures related to government contracts. Responsible for supporting, communicating, and monitoring export control policies and procedures and for ensuring BFDf’s compliance with federal regulations governing the export of BFDf’s products and information and serves as a point of contact for internal inquiries regarding export control compliance. Provides guidance and support to internal resources to identify controlled data and hardware, licensable transactions, evaluate export license requests, gather necessary data, prepare documentation for license applications for submission to the appropriate government agency as well as trade related reporting, recordkeeping and maintenance of existing licenses. This position may also work with outside consultants and liaises with the respective government agencies for compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) under the auspices of the U.S. Department of State and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities: Assistant Export Control Officer
• Advise, educate and consult with BFDf employees at all levels to ensure compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the Office of Foreign Assets Controls (OFAC) regulations and other import/export laws.
• Support proposal and contract review with export control issues. Write export control determinations and after consultation with SME’s and Program/Product Managers.
• Drafting and submission of license applications and annual registrations; obtain commodity jurisdiction and classification determinations from Department of Commerce and Department of State, to determine product classifications, license exceptions and exemptions; partner with other BFDf departments to ensure overall company compliance.
• Routinely verify proper export jurisdiction and classifications for existing products, technology and software in accordance with applicable U.S. export controls (EAR and ITAR). Maintain centralized export controls management database.
• Involved in the development of export control education and awareness programs. Provide training on product and information export control to employees.
• Support and participate in internal export control audits and preparation of necessary disclosures
• Stay current in International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and the sanctions on countries by the Department of the Treasury, to ensure companywide compliance.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities: Industrial Security Specialist
• Ensure compliance with Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) regulations.
• Support and participate in annual internal self-inspections and other requirements necessary to maintain a facility clearance.
• Serve as a resource to BFDf employees on security matters.
• Processing and maintenance of personnel security clearances via DISS and other appropriate systems and ensure that security personnel records are accurate and complete.
• Work with industrial security representatives and Department of Defense sponsors on annual assessments, inspections, reviews, investigations, and other reportable issues and will ensure the following actions are performed in accordance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and other applicable government requirements.
• Involved in developing and administering security programs and procedures for handling classified and/or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment, as applicable.
• Involved in developing and administering programs and procedures for marking, labeling, handling and destroying controlled unclassified information (CUI), physically and digitally, as applicable
• Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Defense’s Quality System.
Training and Education:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required
• 3-5 years’ experience and training in export control procedures and regulations required
• BA/BS in related field preferred
• Experience and training in industrial security preferred.
• 3-5 years of related training and work experience in the areas of export control with substantive and working knowledge of the export control regulations.
• Familiarity with Commerce (EAR), State Department (ITAR) and U.S. Customs trade regulations required
• Practical day to day work experience applying ITAR and EAR regulations required
• Must be competent and proficient in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Experience in the defense industry is a plus.
• Experience with federal government contracting knowledge a plus.
• Experience with FOCI Mitigation agreements and procedures a plus.
• Must possess excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments regarding the interpretation and application of U.S. Export Control Regulations and experience in a regulated environment.
• Practical knowledge of U.S. Export Control laws and how to apply them.
• Possess high degree of sensitivity to confidential matters and able to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
• Team player; ability to work independently while meeting deadlines and the ability prioritize needs while handling multiple sensitive tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both peers, supervisor, program management teams and senior leadership.
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- 4 Weeks of PTO
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Participation in Company's Wellness Program (discounted medical premiums)
- Multiple Company Sponsored Events Each Year (catered breakfast/lunch, holiday parties, snacks)
- Stimulating work environment
- Convenient location near I-15 and Trax Station
- Free Parking
Our EEO Policy
BioFire Defense is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. BioFire Defense complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
BioFire Defense, LLC
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
BusinessView all jobs at BioFire Defense, LLC
Get fresh Security Compliance Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.