- $20 to $35 Hourly
Position Title: Mechanical Designer/Drafter
Department/Location: Corporate office – Milwaukee WI
Reports to: VP - Product Innovation
Engineering team member that is responsible for independently completing low to medium complexity projects. Role includes working in CAD (SolidWorks) to model and create detailed drawings, diagrams, and bills of materials (BOM) for current and future projects. This role will require use of an ERP system (JobBOSS) for which training can be provided. This role will also assist the engineering team and project managers in product launches and other duties and responsibilities management may deem necessary.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities
All employees at BioCut work for the customer and strive to provide “customer delight.” Each of us has areas of expertise, but these roles do not confine us. Rather, they provide a starting point where we delight the customer, continuously improve, and challenge others.
- Design products using CAD system (SolidWorks)
- Create detailed mechanical drawings
- Apply proper tolerancing per specification and manufacturing process
- Communicate designs with Manufacturing Team to ensure manufacturability
- Enter product information into ERP system (JobBOSS)
- Compile Design History Files and supporting documentation
- Perform Engineering Change Orders (ECO)
- Assist in prototype builds and testing of products
- Assist Engineers and Project Managers in product launch activities
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Educational Requirements
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Drafting preferred with experience that is related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Solid understanding and demonstrable execution of Mechanical assembly processes
- Strong Engineering design and development experience and background
- 2-5 years experience in drafting or mechanical design
- High degree of mechanical aptitude and hands-on product experience preferred
- Minimal, up to 10% depending upon customer need.
- Travel may be up to twice per month, duration of trip varies (overnight, up to one week maximum).
- Medium physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds. Requires walking and standing and some climbing during the day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. The employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Great company culture with a lot of room to grow.
Biocut Core Values: Collaboration - Is seen as a team player; gains trust by supporting colleagues; is a collaborator - Makes others better - Collaborates with customers by being a good listener, being honest and being willing to be challenged to find the best solutions Flexibility - Is flexible and adaptable to meet changing priorities and workload - Is flexible and adaptable to find ways of providing customer delight Strive for Simplicity - Always is fighting to keep things simple Sense of Urgency - Effectively and efficiently manages workload with appropriate sense of urgency Empathy - Seeks to understand other’s views - Can identify problems/issues and participates in problem resolution - Independently manages acceptable workload; maintains appropriate work/life balance Commitment - Consistently demonstrates commitment to the Company’s success and growth - Demonstrates skills and ability necessary to perform the job - Customer-focused (both internal and external customers)
8219 W Bradley RdMilwaukee, WI
Get fresh Mechanical Designer/Drafter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.