Who We Are
Binsky, a large-scale mechanical contracting and service provider located in NJ & PA is seeking an Information Technology Manager
Why We Need You!
We need to talented individuals, like you, who care about the company and our customers, and can help us continue to grow and succeed!
The Information Technology Manager is expected to have experienced knowledge of both physical network hardware and virtual solutions found in in cloud-based technologies like AZURE and AWS. The candidate must have a positive track record for delivering metrics and driving accountability. The candidate must be able to inspire and motivate the IT team, communicate a clear set of objectives, delegate effectively and drive accountability as required to meet company goals. The position requires the candidate to be involved in a hands-on capacity while successfully managing the IT team.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Manage the transition from physical hardware networking technology to cloud based services.
- Monitoring daily operations, including physical network hardware, cloud-based servers, and operating systems.
- Monitor cloud-based platforms for optimal performance.
- Participates in strategic and technical planning for IT. Coordinates activities with the management of other departments, vendors, or partners.
- Translate company strategic plans into IT executable specific objectives with project plans to achieve objectives.
- Communicate complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences. Interact/influence senior management and decision makers.
- Adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and support the IT team toward new objectives
- Provide expert advice and handle complex technical issues requiring ingenuity and creativity.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of business organization’s goals.
- Develop company road maps consistent with company technical and architectural direction.
- Establishes and manages policies and assists in annual IT budget preparation.
- Support the IT team, as well as all management positions in IT related functions.
- Ensure that all requests for technical assistance are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Help with maintaining network servers, intrusion detection systems, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Support IT team with all configuration of workstations, laptops, printers, network equipment, mobile devices and other tech tools and products, as well as ensure that troubleshooting is resolved quickly and accurately.
- Monitor VIOP phone system, security systems and provider internet connectivity and internal wireless network including resolving issues and changes
- Maintain network virtual servers and cloud based software platforms.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels for computer equipment including supplies and accessories, as well as ensure that all computer and network work environments are organized and professional.
- Oversee operation and maintenance of all hardware and software applications and provide technical oversight related to workstations, software, hardware, laptops, and other tech tools and products.
- Ensure the overall preservation of all assets, information security and control structures.
- Provide overall coordination of the maintenance of PCs, printers and other hardware with vendors when required
- Ensure daily backups and security of corporate data.
- Strong decision-making abilities and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Strong team building skills, be highly collaborative and skillful.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills and ability to communicate effectively to business leaders.
- Ability to provide efficient and professional response to users at all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of intermediate/advanced technical terminology
- Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations calmly and effectively
- Strong troubleshooting skills coupled with diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and time management skills
- Quickly adapt to changes in technology and maintain knowledge level with continuing education
- Willingness to travel with valid Driver's License
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Education and Experience
- At least 10 years prior experience supporting IT Infrastructure and Operations (Data Center Operations, End User Computing, Networking & Information Security), preferably in an FDA regulated environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- Network+ and Network A+ Security+ certification from an accredited educational facility
- AZURE cloud certifications in design, security, and infrastructure planning
- Knowledge of operating in a validated environment - FDA, SOX, GAAP, internal controls and other regulatory requirements
- Project management and at least 5-8 years of managing IT programs
- Successful working experience with internal IT team members including in remote locations
- At least 3 years’ experience with the following software / hardware technologies
- Remote collaboration software technologies (VPN, Remote Desktop, GoToMeeting, Slack, Skype, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Cloud Services (Box, Dropbox, Smartsheet, Salesforce, Azure, Microsoft Office, AWS)
- AutoDesk Software (Revit, AutoCAD)
- VOIP Telephony (Skype, Ring Central, 8x8, etc.)
- CISCO cloud Umbrella / AMP
- Dell / HP Servers
- Sonicwall Firewall
- CISCO/MERAKI Switches
- QNAP NAS Technologies
- Microsoft HYPER-V
- Dell EQUALLOGIC SAN TECHNOLOGY
- APC UPS
- Experience in building computer workstations from individual components (motherboard, processor, SSD, hard drives, graphics cards, etc.) and installing required software and licenses. Experience in working with connectivity of wireless routers and switches.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, walking, bending, reaching, crawling, kneeling, sight and hearing, using hands and fingers and lifting < 50 lbs
What We Offer
- Full benefits
- 401k with company contribution
- 8 paid holidays/ year
- Paid time off
- A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company gatherings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Binsky
Binsky values the well-being of its employees and offers competitive wages and a range of benefits. Binsky is an EOE.
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other different tasks are performed as circumstances change.
Why Work Here?
Great Company with Room for Growth!