Human Resources Generalist
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are
Binsky, a large-scale mechanical contracting and service provider located in NJ & PA is seeking a Human Resources Generalist
Why We Need You!
We need to talented individuals, like you, who care about the company and our customers, and can help us continue to grow and succeed!
The HR Generalist is expected to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. This role requires comfort in grey areas, effective at scheduling and follow up and to be methodical in the recruitment process.
- Assist with all internal and external HR related matters including but not limited to benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity; recognition and morale; training and development.
- Participate in development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Assist with talent acquisition and the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and eligibility verification, and collaborating with department managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Assist with management of the HRIS system, employee benefit programs and general HR activity; prepare reports as needed.
- Assist with budget monitoring, bond renewals and HSA administration
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices; ensure compliance with labor regulations in federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and review policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace and build culture
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Continue to build on a successful internship program and identify networking opportunities to build brand awareness.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to speak clearly in positive or negative situations, strong communication skills.
- Able to prioritize, work independently, and use time efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized with strong record keeping skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Exhibits professionalism and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills as well as a strong understanding of labor law and employment equity regulations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related job experience preferred.
- 1-2 years HR experience or similar educational background.
- Experience in the Mechanical Industry preferred.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, walking, bending, reaching, crawling, kneeling, sight and hearing, using hands and fingers and lifting <40lbs.
What We Offer
- Full benefits
- 401k with company contribution
- 8 paid holidays/ year
- Paid time off
- A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company gatherings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Binsky
Binsky values the well-being of its employees and offers competitive wages and a range of benefits. Binsky is an EOE.
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other different tasks are performed as circumstances change.
BusinessView all jobs at Binsky
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?